April 10, 2016: long-reach, under-the-water, CLR wells, #32605 and #32606. Will come off confidential list February 23, 2017. Updates here, 3/19.
February 18, 2016: in today's daily active report this well was transferred from WW Oilfield Services to Fury Energy:
- 649, 417, Fury Energy, LLC, Furlong Syverson 4, Tioga, a Madison well, t8/54; cum 181K 5/93; this is a SWD but want to see if anything changes;
October 18, 2015: follow-up production jump on #16510. There was what appears to be a halo effect in June, 2015, but there are still three more wells waiting to be fracked; it will be interesting to see how fracking these three north/south wells affect the double-lateral #16510. This well, #16510, needs to remain on the list of wells that need to be followed up (March 27, 2016). Follow-up here. 3/19.
June 11, 2015: is MRO drilling laterals in the Powell well / Tyler formation?
April 13, 2015: are new flaring rules the "long pole in the tent"?
February 17, 2015: this well was IA/SI (inactive/shut-in) the day it came off the confidential list; during the slump in oil prices; developed a hole in liner during stim ops; CLR may come back to re-drill:
- 27563, PA/420, CLR, Holstein Federal 1-25H, Elm Tree, when I checked May 5, 2015, the frack data showed only one frack stage; the well was shown as active, having produced nicely in February and March, 2015, but no test date; was it fracked? Update: test date 2/11/15; cum 32K 5/15; only 10 days in 6/15; none in 7/15 or 8/15; update here; remains PA, 8/16;
- 26738, 103, Hess, Ti-Wao-157-95-14H-1, Tioga, t7/14; cum 237K 3/19; this is a Lodgepole well; Hess will come back to this well on/about May 7, 2014, to drill this well to TD of 13,693 feet; and then complete it with a multi-stage acid frack; the company will core the upper and the middle Lodgepole; the company will also core the upper, middle, and lower Bakken; the company will core the 1st and 2nd benches of the Three Forks, and the upper 30' of the Three Forks third bench; 640-acre spacing for a Lodgepole well. [Updates: 12/14: no production since early September, 2014; Update: actually produced 60 bbls in one day in April, 2015; also noted that well is now IA (previously TA); 6/15: completed] [Update, 9/15 -- well back on-line and producing.] I track this well here: link.
- 17850,487, EOG, Cottonwood 2-35H (1 sec). Wells have not been particularly good in this field; Cottonwood, t8/09; cum 137K 11/16;inactive as of 9/15; back on status as of 7/16; cum 135K 9/16; this is interesting: in an earlier sundry form, dated April 28, 2016, EOG planned to plug and abandon this well, saying that an equipment failure made it too expensive to bring it back on-line. Then a sundry form received August 3, 2016, suggested that a workover rig had brought this well back to life. Production doubled; from 500 bbls/month to 1,000 bbls/month. NDIC map suggests this horizontal is actually in Alger oil field, not Cottonwood.
January 29, 2017, original post undated:
Rawson oil field wells:December 16, 2014: noted this monster well has been inactive for past few months --
- 21825, IA/984, Nine Point Energy/Triangle, Gullickson Trust 150-101-36-25-1H, Rawson, t6/12; cum 171K 10/18; 14 days in December, 2014; and, 14 days in January, 2015; 22 days 9/15; inactive as of the end of 3/16; back on-line 5/16;
- 21826, PNC, Triangle, Gullickson Trust 150-101-36-25-2H, Rawson, renewed Nov 1, 2013; LOC as of 11/2/15
- 21827, 1,173, Nine Point Energy/Triangle, Gullickson Trust 150-101-36-25-3H, Rawson, t6/12; cum 189K 10/18;
- 21828, PNC, Triangle, Gullickson Trust 150-101-36-25-4H, Rawson, renewed Nov 1, 2013; LOC as of 11/2/15
- 18973, 2,579, QEP/Helis, State 1-16/21H, Blue Buttes, t10/10; cum 678K 3/19; inactive 4/14; looks like it might be back on line as of 10/14; yes, now shown to be active, 12/14; huge jump in production in 12/14; coming back on line after permission to commingle production from multiple wells; large production number could be due to 'mis-allocation' during early commingling; random update, March 20, 2015; random update, May 7, 2015; major update here, December 15, 2015; same link, updated August 7, 2016; updated here, October 22, 2016 -- is a neighboring refrack responsible for this? Check up on #28168 -- QEP says it plans to re-complete. API: 33-053-05828. Update: it was fracked a second time, summer, 2015; see this post. Can be closed out in month or two after we see production for a few months.
August 24, 2015: 20085, the "old" Nelson well, huge uptick in production.
December 8, 2015: check halo effect on these SHD wells in Clarks Creek in the next few months. Updated February 3, 2016; still needs updating; many wells have gone to "inactive" status. Update: November 23, 2016: all are back on active status, now. Not particularly good wells, yet.
October 3, 2016: a great well taken off line in August, 2016:
20210, 803, CLR, Whitman 2-34H, Oakdale, Bakken, s1/11; t9/11; AL; cum 1.623 million bbls 10/18; 24 stages; 2.4 million lbs; middle Bakken; runs south; 4 section spacing; this is an incredible well; still 19,000 bbls in October, 2015; off-line all of 8/16; back on-line September, 2016; updated here; see this post, 3/19; something doesn't add up.March 19, 2015: update here, May 22, 2016. Lots of activity in this area; look for halo effect after 3/16; I didn't see any halo effect, but there are some incredible wells in this area;
- 21963, 4,447, Bruin/HRC, Fort Berthold 148-95-26A-35-2H, Eagle Nest, Three Forks, originally 1280-acre spacing; changed to 4 sections, original post here; t3/15; cum 491K 3/19; Update 5/15: 49 stages, 5.1 million lbs; now as of 3/16, taken off-line; now back on status; incredible well; still producing 4,000 bbls/month, 3/19;
- 20272, 800, Hess/Tracker, SC-Norman 154-98-3130H-1, 36 stages, 4.4 million lbs, t10/11; cum 72K 3/19; went inactive 6/14; back on status, 7/15; update here; it's interesting to see amount of flaring; other wells around it with much less flaring [October 18, 2015]; still flaring a lot (11/15); see possible halo effect for this well at this link; still flaring a lot, 9/16; no flaring 11/16;
- 11698, 502, BTA, 9210 JV-P Federal DM 1, Beaver Creek, Red River, t1/86; cum 537K 3/19; in early 2014 this well was re-entered and tested the Nisku (Birdbear); Birdbear: 6/14; spacing 320 acres; no production noted; production steady at about 750 bbls/month from the Red River, 3/19;
November 7, 2015: check out production profile of first well at this post, and maybe the whole post. Updated, July 30, 2016. We now know why this page caused so much confusion. I might check it one more time and then remove it from "things that need to be followed up." #26485, Hawkeye 16-21 3H, Statoil, in Todd oil field; nice well, now, 3/19;
January 5, 2016: this well on-line for only 18 days in 11/15:
- 18576, 1,190, BR, Concord 24-10H, Little Knife, t2/11; cum 216K 3/19; only 18 days in 11/15; back on line until 8/16 when only 12 days in that month; struggling, 3/19;