Something I've said repeatedly on the blog: the oil and gas industry, the Bakken boom, is affecting, for the most part, three or four counties in North Dakota: most of McKenzie; most of Williams, much of Mountrail, and a significant portion of Dunn County.
The map at this link pretty much supports that contention.
This is really quite interesting. For Hamas, a perfect storm:
- US-Israeli relationship at an all-time low
- POTUS has stepped off the international stage; mostly into fund-raising in California
- Hillary Clinton is no longer SecState
- Current SecState is ribbonless, threw his military ribbons away, more interested in AGW
- Israel "shocked" by extent of tunnel system
- Israel determined to destroy the tunnels; has pretty much 100% Israeli support (a reader very nicely pointed out he misread this -- he thought I meant the Israelis were 100% responsible for destroying all the tunnels -- no, what this shorthand said: destruction of the tunnels has almost 100% support among Israelis; Egypt is helping to destroy the tunnels. Sorry for the confusion.)
- Israel calling up 16,000 more reservists
- Israel asking for more ammunition from the US
"War is a mere continuation of politics by other means."
Link here to a CNN anchor who is losing it. I can't make this stuff up.