North Dakota state government site: Legacy Fund.
North Dakota budget: probably easiest to read is at Ballotpedia.
North Dakota state office of management and budget.
Legacy Fund NewsPolitics, June 18, 2016
November 30, 2016: total deposits (this is not the net asset value) -- $3,700,055,301 through November, 2016. A little over $3.7 billion. It looks like $59 million was deposited in October and November, averaging about $30 million/month; comparable to deposits in September, 2016. OPEC meeting today cut production; price of oil jumped from around $45 to $49.
September, 2016, from The Dickinson Press:
- equity (common stock): 50%
- fixed-income assets: 35%
- diversified real assets: 15% (real estate, 5$; infrastructure and inflation-linked securities, 10%)
- has generated a return of 2.8% annually since inception
- a revised investment strategy adopted in 2013 set the long-term goat at 4.6%, but returns so far have fallen far short, just 1% for the most recent fiscal year that ended June 30
- lawmakers cannot spend from the Legacy Fund until July 1, 2017; but then in 2017, Legacy Funds must start to be transferred to general fund
- 2017 - 2019, biennium expectations: the Fund should generate about $120 million in earning
- the politicians will start to debate whether / when to start spending that money
At the of August, 2016, assets valued at $4.012 billion.
Through July 2016, total deposits were $3,573,621,493.
Through June, 2016, with June deposits of $28 million, total deposits will go to $3.8 billion. Schmidt said the Legacy Fund will hold $3.8 billion with the June transfer of $28.3 million.
Through March 2016, total deposits were $3,464,584,292.
Through February 2016, total deposits were $3,441,607,729.
Through December 2015, total deposits were $3,371,343,566.76.
November 5, 2015: funding the Red River Valley Water Supply Project
September 22, 2015: $3,258,677,188.91.
June 16, 2015: fees
October 18, 2014: Legacy Fund ballooning
July 17, 2014: Legacy Fund receives biggest deposit to date -- $112 million
June 23, 2014: the cash piles up
May 30, 2014: strategy for investing Legacy Fund deposits
May 22, 2014: fund goes over $2 billion; now averaging $80 million / month in deposits
February 12, 2014: North Dakota budget and fund
August 29, 2013: update on Legacy Fund
April 16, 2013: fund tops $1 billion
May 2, 2011: North Dakota budget