In the eighteen years growing up in North Dakota, I never once saw this.
From "Homeland Security":
HSEM continues to track snow storm reports from emergency managers as more counties are reporting impacts. The following are new reports we’ve received over the past two hours.
• Blue Earth County reports downed power lines and power poles which have resulted in widespread outages.
• Cottonwood County has pulled their snow plows from the roadways due to fallen power lines and poor visibility. There are numerous electrical outages and crews are quickly working to restore service.
• Dodge County reports multiple downed power lines over roadways.
• Faribault County reports nearly 100 downed power poles.
• Freeborn County reports more than 200 downed power poles. The utilities are calling partners to help with repairs as thousands of customers are without power. Downed power lines forced the closure of Highway 13.
• Nicollet county reports scattered power outages as crews battle strong wind gusts to make repairs.
• Waseca County has issued a no travel advisory. The sheriff is assisting with road closures.
HSEM is conducting daily conference calls with regional staff and county emergency managers to assess weather impacts. No requests for state assistance have been made.