First things first. Futures don't mean anythings but after a 700-jump over two days, what do futures show this evening?
- Dow: up another 100 points; later: up 133 points;
- NASDAQ: up another 65 points; later: up 72 points;
- S&P 500: up another 15 points; later, up 17 points;
US savings rates soaring; multiple sources; here's one --
- folks not traveling; saving on air fare
- folks not dining out;
- parents of college students saving on room and board, as students stay at home;
- New York white collar workers working from home; instead of an expensive lunch downtown, getting by on a frozen burrito from their freezer (me? I prefer tuna fish on white bread)
- M1 Macs able to run up to six external displays using DisplayLink;
- far exceeds Apple's specified limits on external displays with M1 Macs
- HomePos Mini demand exceeds supply; shipping times slip into January across Europe as global stocks dwindle; nice problem to have;
Mark Perry: giving thanks for the magic of the marketplace, the invisible hand of strangers, and no turkey czars.