September 4, 2014: this is where we stand today in this section, the eight-well CLR Limousin pad (see original post below): all wells on confidential; one rig on the pad:
- 17544, 2,164, Whiting, Lacy 11-12H, Sanish, spacing ICO, t5/09; cum 453K 12/18;
- 19221, 1,466, Whiting, Ness 21-3H, Sanish, 2 secs; t1/11; cum 276K 12/18;
- 19222, 1,100, Whiting, Bartleson 21-3H, Sanish, 2 secs; t2/11; cum 197K 12/18;
- 26411, 1,586, Whiting, Ness 21-3TFH, Sanish, t7/14; cum 212K 12/18;
- 26412, 2,091, Whiting, Hansen 21-3H, Sanish, t7/14; cum 254K 12/18;
In today's daily activity report, CLR has permits for 8 wells on one pad on Lot 3, 3-152-93, Sanish oil field.
- 26391, 911, CLR, Limousin 1-3H, Sanish, t3/15; cum 288K 12/18;
- 26392, 814, CLR, Limousin 2-3H1, Sanish, t3/15; cum 276K 12/18;
- 26393, 763, CLR, Limousin 3-3H, Sanish, t3/15; cum 291K 12/18;
- 26394, 817, CLR, Limousin 4-3H1, Sanish, t3/15; cum 268K 12/18;
- 26395, 710, CLR, Limousin 5-3H, Sanish, t3/15; cum 305K 12/18;
- 26396, 669, CLR, Limousin 6-3H1, Sanish, t3/15; cum 277K 12/18;
- 26397, 760, CLR, Limousin 7-3H, Sanish, t3/15; cum 314K 12/18;
- 26398, 667, CLR, Limousin 8-3H1, Sanish, t3/15; cum 353K 12/18;
There are already three wells sited in this section: they are Whiting wells, longer than typical short laterals, but shorter than the usual long laterals.
I'm not sure what to make of this, permits for 8 CLR wells in a spacing unit with three existing WLL wells. There is no 640-acre or 2560-acre overlapping spacing unit here, just the 1280-acre spacing unit. Most likely, these wells will be drilled east to west, sections 4 and 5-152-93. These two sections are under the river, and no horizontals exist in these sections. The pad is about 1,700 feet from the west line, and about 1,600 feet from the north line. Sited 1,700 feet from the targeted section(s) is a long way, but that might be the only possible way to reach this area under the river.
Disclaimer: I often misinterpret what I read, making amateur errors, but I post in good faith with regard to the Bakken. This post is simply idle chatter as I try to sort out another piece of the Bakken. I could be way off.