Later, more on CMCSA (Comcast):
CMCSA (Comcast): huge pre-market but then plunged almost 4% during / after earnings call; link here.Disclaimer: this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment, financial, career, travel, job, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here.
- cord-cutting will get worse
- less-then-stellar numbers (mostly due to "Cats")
- good news:
- adding broadband customers at record rates;
- young wireless service on way to being profitable
- NBCU is getting ready to debut new theme parks and attractions
- will focus on those that don't mind paying more for a "premium experience" with its next-generation, set-top box X1
- Comcast added enough new broadband subscribers to more than offset its video subscriber losses, bringing on 1.1 million new customers in 2019, a record high;
- Peacock: free; but not quite
- Comcast's Xfinity Mobile: cell phone service launched two and a half years ago
- 2 million customer lines
- added 816,000 in 2019
- added 854,000 in 2018
- big addition at theme park in Japan: Super Nintendo World
- comments: mixed bag; what I particularly don't like: a set-top box; what I also don't like: multi-tier pricing
AAPL: climbing the wall of worry.
Legacy fund should be reporting any day now. Link here.