Top story of the week:
- Joe Biden is still residing in the White House.
Top international non-energy stories:
- Afghanistan evacuation.
- First US military casualties since February, 2020: thirteen reported.
- Covid-19: natural immunity way better than vaccine-immunity;
Top international energy stories:
- Natural gas prices hitting all-time highs.
- German high court won't allow Nordsteam 2 special privileges
- Now that the Keystone XL has been killed, US crude oil imports from Russia are hitting all-time highs;
- US LNG exports smashing records;
- Gasoline stocks well below average;
- Saudi's fortunes recover;
- Pemex oil platform in GoM shuts in almost a third of Pemex' total production;
Top national non-energy story:
- US equity markets keeping hitting new all-time highs; Jay Powell remains as dovish as ever
Top national energy stories:
- The week of battery fires; now it's Hoverboards. Common denominator: chariots on fire.
- GM announces a third Chevy Bolt recall; this now covers all Bolts, even the 2022 models;
- Hitting new "recent" records, US oil supply down to 27.0 days; will Hurricane Ida have an effect?
- California will carry two sets of energy books to meet ESG goals.
Top North Dakota non-energy story:
Top North Dakota energy story:
Geoff Simon's top North Dakota energy stories:
Stories we never got back to:
- CLR's FIU inventory;
- More evidence EOG will depart the Bakken; and, here; and, here;
- Slawson's Whirlcat / Sniper Federal pad in Big Bend updated;
- Equinor's Weisz wells in Painted Woods have been updated;
- The incredible Enerplus Honor, Grace, Courage, and Pride wells updated;
- An Enerplus "Owl" goes over 500K bbls cumulative
- An Enerplus "Daffy Duck" pad well goes over 500K bbls cumulative;
- The "Betty Shobe" pad wells updated;
- An Oasis Spratley well goes over 500K bbls cumulative;
The Bakken geology: