The Illinois rail spill earlier today apparently did not involve Bakken crude oil:
In a news release, Union Pacific said the train derailed at its yard at about 12:45 p.m. Initial information said the tank car that first caught fire contained a liquid called methyl isobutyl ketone, which is typically used as a solvent.Thank goodness it wasn't that highly volatile Bakken crude oil.
Back to the Bakken
Two new permits, #36948 - #36949, inclusive:
- Operator: Whiting
- Field: Sanish (Mountrail)
- Whiting has permits for a 2-well Arndt pad in section 24-154-92, Sanish oil field.
- Petrogulf (4): four Three Tribes permits in McKenzie County
- MRO (3): an Arnew, an Erbe, and an Archie permit, all in Dunn County
- Whiting: one Kessel Federal permit in Billings County