The Bobcat Federal wells are tracked here.
- 34356, 1,305, XTO, Bobcat Federal 14X-35A, Bear Creek, t6/19; cum 470K 6/20; F; for early production: link here;
- 34358, 30 (no typo), XTO, Bobcat Federal 14X-35EXH, Bear Creek, 60 stages, 12.0 million lbs, t5/19; cum 413K 6/20; for early production: link here;
Look at those numbers.
Drilled/completed/tested in May / June of 2019.
A year later: almost 500 million bbls.
It should be noted that these wells are "extended" long laterals -- three sections long -- which, explains, to some extent, the large amount of water, but, still, a huge amount of water.
From a reader:
When you first posted the numbers of the XTO wells on August 22, I was struck by several numbers, especially the amount of frac water pumped (830,000 bbls and 585,000 barrels) as well as the exceptionally long 'flowback/produced water' time frame and amounts recovered.
While I will immediately follow with a somewhat clumsy, detailed explanation of what XTO has accomplished with these two completions, suffice to say that XTO has developed a way to pump VAST amounts of high pressure fluid underground in a CONTROLLED fashion.Furthermore, the chemistry of these new fluids/water allows extended underground retention without damaging the formation.
(In years past, fluid imbibing (softening) of the rock and/or leaving a production-inhibiting coating/skin necessitated a relatively quick removal of the frac fluid in the weeks immediately following the fracturing).
This extended period - several months - of maintaining the induced water underground enables the higher hydraulic pressure to push more oil into the wellbore.Will follow up with explanation of the significance of effectively pumping ~35 million gallons underground.
Seven wells on that pad:
- 34355, 176, XTO, Bobcat Federal 14X-35E2, Bear Creek, t4/19; cum 169K 7/20;
- 34356, above,
- 34357, 10 (no typo), XTO, Bobcat Federal 14X-35AXB, Bear Creek, t5/19; cum 318K 7/20;
- 34358, above,
- 34559, 83, XTO, Bobcat Federal 11X-2F2-S, Bear Creek, t5/19; cum 108K 7/20; 20 stages; 4 million lbs; Three Forks 2;
- 34359, 456, XTO, Bobcat Federal 11X-2A-S, Bear Creek, t4/19; cum 84K 7/20; middle Bakken; 20 stages; 6 million lbs proppant;
- 34360, 83, XTO, Bobcat Federal 11X-2E-S, Bear Creek, t5/19; cum 45K 7/20; Three Forks, 20 stages, 4 million lbs;