If logic prevails, pop quiz:
- prevailing theme: OPEC is in control of the price of oil this year;
- Saudi Arabia cannot survive on $60 oil
- Conclusion: fill in the blank -- ___________________________________________.
Hess: sells Danish assets to Ineos; link here;
- Ineos Energy will acquire Hess Corp subsidiary Hess Denmark for $150 million
- Ineos will acquire 61.5% of the Hess-operated South (Syd) Arne oil field in the Danish North Sea
- this will add to the 36.8% share Ineos already holds in the field:
- Ineos will also acquire 4.8% of Solsort field, which is already operated by Ineos
- lots of "green" talk in the article
Mexico: this was posted a few days ago; a prediction that Mexico would announce an oil discovery;
- such announcements are usually made about this time every year:
- generally, political announcements;
- folks not taking the announcement of the discovery very seriously;
- Lundin is partnered with Norway developing this field
- production capacity from 2.2 billion to 3.2 billion boe;
- largest field in western Europe
- recoverable reserves already revised up several times since its startup in October, 2019;
- Vine Energy Inc: 21.5 million shares for a total of $301 million;
- Plano, TX, based.
- Focus: natural gas, Haynesville
- planned: $16 - $19 / share IPO
- actual: $14 / share; raised $281 million
BLM: not Black Lives Matter. The other "BLM." BLM is now approving permits for Federal lands.
Scam: "blue hydrogen" is not green either; if anything, it's "brown"; link here;
- BP is going "green"
- BP will help the UK not use natural gas by using hydrogen made by natural gas
- which makes CO2 in the process
Vaccine: India, major vaccine producer may have trouble meeting demand; link here;
- who's to blame: the US
- why: US exports bans on specific items to make vaccines, such as specialized bags and filters
- source: BBC
- something tells me there is more to the story;
- the south has risen again!
- the southern US has emerged as the nation's top steel-producing region in 2020;
- Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi, and South Carolina;
- culminates a steady shift away from the traditional steelmaking rust-belt in the north
- coming up short: Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, Pittsburgh;
- link here;
Politics: CNN has lost 47% of its primetime audience in the 25 - 54 age demographic since President Trump left office. Link here.