Some data points:
- For newbies, the North Dakota Bakken is concentrated in four counties: Williams, Mountrail, McKenzie, and Dunn.
- Williams County announced a six-month moratorium on new man-camps starting this month (September, 2011).
- Mountrail County announced an 18-month moratorium on new man-camps effective immediately (September, 2011).
- The fracking backlog appears to be getting worse, not better.
- Most motels in Williston contract out the entire motel to a specific oil or oil service company. One of the few motels that still offered rooms on a reservation basis will now contract out the entire motel to an oil service company beginning November 1, 2011.
Chaos is self-organizing.