- Toyota-Mazda, 50-50 venture; to be operational by 2021
- production: 300,000 cars annually
- $1.6 billion; 4,000 employees
- location yet to be determined
- US Toyota headquarters is in Plano, Texas
- US Mazda headquarters is in Irvine, CA
The new plant comes after Trump escalated criticism of Toyota in January, threatening to implement a border tax if the company did not invest in U.S. production. Toyota announced plans in January to invest $10 billion in U.S. operations over the next five years.
Note: just for the record, it's T+195. Just saying.Over the decades, Toyota has developed a massive footprint of plants in the U.S. It includes factories in Kentucky, Alabama, West Virginia, Texas and Indiana, from which it exports more than 160,000 vehicles annually to 40 countries.
Major job announcements under President Trump tracked here; not all-inclusive.