I'm working off a throttled cell phone so minimal blogging.
EIA weekly petroleum report: a reminder.
Re-balanced? Crude oil in storage.
- At 461.8 million barrels, U.S. crude oil inventories are at the five year average for this time of year.
CEO confidence survey; at a 17-year high. CEO confidence in US economic outlook reaches 17-year high. (Google app won't allow me to post the link, but easily found.)
Natural gas fill rate, link here:
DAPL: operator sees "no chance" the pipeline will be shut down. For the archives. By the way, Energy Transfer has proposed buying Enable Midstream.
- Energy Transfer to buy Enable Midstream; $7.2 billion deal. Motley Fool;
- all-equity transaction
- enhances footprint throughout mid-continent and Gulf Coast regions
- 0.8595 of Energy Transfer units for each unit of Enable Midstream
- Motley Fool: suggests this will improve the long-term sustainability of the company's high-yielding distribution;
Walmart raises dividend: by a penny; link here.
Walmart tumbles on guidance, spending plans: link here.
Walmart 4Q20: revenue soars; misses on earnings;
Tokyo: Olympics 202One still a question mark. Link here to The WSJ.
Tennis: speaking of sports, the Australian Open semifinals last night between Jennifer "Go Bruins" Brady and Karolina Muchová was an incredible match. I was hoping would win but wow, it was a nail-biter.
Baseball: third-longest contract in professional baseball; longest contract for the San Diego Padres; link to The WSJ;
- Fernando Tatís, Jr; shortstop;
- 22 years old
- 14-year, $340 million