Two brackets. The final 16 round, June 22 - June 25.
US plays Spain, June 24.
By losing to the US, Sweden avoids France (unless both get to the finals). Sweden and France are in different brackets. France is ranked fourth. Rankings here.
On June 28, assuming the US beats Spain, the US will face the winner of the France - Brazil game (June 23).
So, while the US might face high-ranking France early, Sweden could face even higher-ranked Germany (ranked #2) at the same time.
Bottom lines, link here:
- no games until June 22, 2019 (Saturday)
- games Americans will be watching
- top bracket
- US vs Spain (Monday)
- France vs Brazil (Sunday)
- bottom bracket
- Sweden vs Canada (Monday)
- Germany - 3 vs Nigeria - 0
- June 22, 2019: Norway vs Australia, full time, 1 - 1
- Norway wins on penalty shots (4 - 1).
- First time since 2003 that Australia did not get to the quarter finals, the final 16.
- England beats Cameroon, 3 - 0
- France beats Brazil, 2 - 1.
- if the US defeats Spain on Monday (June 24, 2019), the US will play the winner of today's France/Brazil match)
Flashback, to 2016: