Disclaimer: this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here.
Ovintiv, 2Q21 earnings; link here:
- increasing free cash flow;
- paying off debt;
- strat plan based on $50-oil and $2.75 natural gas
- 50% increase in quarterly dividend payment; 56 cents / share annualized;
Investing for dividends:
- Motley Fool: three to buy if "the market crashes"; link here; two of the three:
- the best risk-reward plays in oil, link to Alex Kimani;
- number one: ENB
- number two: EPD
- number three: PSXP / PSX
- MPLX LP
- Rattler Midstream LP
- other MLPs:
- Plains All American Pipeline, LP
- Plains GP Holdings, LP
- Magellan Midstream Partners, LP
- Kinder Morgan, Inc (KMI)
- The Williams Companies (WMB)
Disclaimer: this is not
an investment site. Do not make any investment, financial, job, career,
travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think
you may have read here.
Olympics TV ratings, headlines; not selected by me; top hits from a google search:
- Tokyo Olympics ratings a bust for NBC, a boost for streaming -- Los Angeles Times:
- Olympic ratings plunge and star athlete stumbles heat up NBC's make-good talks with advertisers -- Variety;
- NBC's streaming service Peacock slammed over its Olympics coverage -- New York Post;
Can you imagine Tom Brady having a bad first quarter in a Super Bowl, taking himself out of the game, saying his mind was not in it?
- the administration seems to be in panic mode; not sure if it's real or simply a "thing"; I really have no idea; but the numbers were really, really poor the past two days;
- Mondays and Tuesdays are always bad, but this week -- yesterday and today -- were particularly bad;
- biggest mistake in trying to get folks to get their immunizations: telling folks who are already fully vaccinated need to go back to indoor masking and the possibility of new lockdowns are back on the table; so, the cynics and under-educated will say, "why get vaccinated."
- all we hear is that even the vaccinated will "get" the delta virus; so again, why get vaccinated?