USPS, new standards, to save money:
- current standard, Chicago to Williston: often two days; no longer than three days;
- new standard, Chicago to Williston: 53%, three days; 46% (almost half), four days
- link here;
- FERC certificate revoked by court
- pipeline had been operational since November, 2019;
- the court cancelled the certificate even though the pipeline is operational, noting that “remanding without vacatur under these circumstances would give the Commission incentive to allow ‘build[ing] first and conduct[ing] comprehensive reviews later’ (Standing Rock Sioux Tribe v. Army Corps of Eng’rs, 985 F.3d 1032, 1052 (D.C. Cir. 2021). We certainly do not wish to encourage such an approach given the significant powers that accompany a certificate of public convenience and necessity.”
- US Army Corps will require a new Enbridge Line 5 EIS
- new EIS could delay line 5 tunnel startup to 2025
- but says tougher review not needed for Line 3
- link here.
- Iran: US sanctions lifted
- Russia: sanctions on Nord Stream 2 lifted
- Canada: kill the Keystone; delay Line 5; Line 3 -- who knows?
- ENB: up slightly today;