UK mess: UK energy firms seek bailout as government talks run on. Sounds like the "Texas Freeze" but ... super-sized ... so much worse ...
- seven UK energy suppliers have already gone out of business in 2021;
- government may have to appoint administrators
- see this link for social media comments;
Global mess: surging natural gas prices -- not just a UK story;
- around the entire world;
- link to The WSJ;
- in the US, natural gas closed at $5.105; has doubled in the last six months; up 17% this month (so far);
- last time prices this high: during the blizzards in the US northeast back in 2014;
- analysts say that it might not have to get that cold this winter for prices to reach heights unknown during the shale era, which transformed the U.S. from a gas importer to supplier to the world.
Why Covid-19 remains the focus for Resident Biden:
- my hunch is that the young Biden administration staffer thought the migrants crossing into Texas was funny until it wasn't;
- link here;
- only a matter of time before the Del Rio story becomes the "top story"; photo op if the 15,000 migrants start to "riot"