This is nothing new. Regular readers are aware of all this. But it was time to put all this "stuff" in one spot for easier access.
Whiting's high-density pilot projects, December, 2013.
Summer of 2013: 24- and 48-Well/Spacing Unit Tests
- Mentioned in a January, 2013, presentation by Director, NDIC, Lynn Helms
- KOG's 16-well, Pilot Project 2.0; Four 4-well pads in Truax oil field
- For background, visit this August 29, 2012, posting. This is one of my most visited pages, and one I am most happy to have posted. This is one of the first, if not the first post, to note the possibility of a trillion-bbl reserve in the Bakken.
- For the graphic and better explanation of Continentals' Charlotte test program, visit this January 27, 2013, post.
[Update: KOG asked for a longer period of confidentiality after the pilot projects came off the confidential list but that was denied by the NDIC. Status update of these wells in that request. -- July 23, 2013]
KOG has two pilot tests going on. Results from one are starting to be reported. The 12-well test on a single 1280-acre spacing unit will target the middle Bakken with 6 horizontals, the first bench of the Three Forks with 3 horizontals, and the second bench of the Three Forks with 3 horizontals. (There are some additional subtleties if the test proves to be a success and adjacent spacing units are involved. That's where overlapping spacing units become important.)
KOG provided this in their most recent presentation (OGIS, April 16, 2013) [If I'm asked to remove this graphic, I will]:
KOG's Polar Pilot Project in southeast Williams County, north/west of the river. These wells are being updated here.
- 24374, conf, KOG, P Wood 154-98-3-27-34-14H, Truax,
- 24375, conf, KOG, P Wood 154-98-3-27-34-14H3, Truax,
- 24376, conf, KOG, P Wood 154-98-3-27-34-15H, Truax,
- 24604, conf, KOG, P Wood 154-98-4-27-34-13HB, Truax,
- 24605, conf, KOG, P Wood 154-98-4-27-34-13H3, Truax,
- 24606, conf, KOG, P Wood 154-98-4-27-34-13HA, Truax,
- 24607, conf, KOG, P Wood 154-98-4-27-34-14H3, Truax,
- 24608, conf, KOG, P Wood 154-98-2-27-34-15H, Truax,
- 24609, conf, KOG, P Wood 154-98-2-27-34-16H3, Truax,
- 24610, conf, KOG, P Wood 154-98-2-27-34-16H, Truax,
- 24611, conf, KOG, P Wood 154-98-2-27-34-16H3A, Truax,
- 24649, conf, KOG, P Wood 154-98-3-27-34-14H, Truax,
- 24650, conf, KOG, P Wood 154-98-3-27-16-3H, Truax, (running north)
KOG's Smokey Pilot Project in McKenzie County.
12+ Wells In One Spacing Unit
QEP's Heart Butte wells, 10-149-91