NDIC places two new Whiting permits in the Parshall oil field in today's daily activity report, but I think the two new permits are for wells that will be in the Sanish oil field.
From today's post regarding today's daily activity report:
Two new permits, #38681 - #38682, inclusive:
- Operator: Whiting
- Field: Parshall (Mountrail)
- Whiting has permits for two new LBJ wells in SWSW 14-153-91; sited 725 FSL and 415 FWL; and, 755 FSL and 415 FWL;
- Error: section 14-153-91 is in the Sanish, and Whiting already has existing LBJ sites in section 14-153-91 and they are labeled as Sanish wells on the scout tickets, not Parshall oil field. Sanish and Parshall are very, very close at that location, so it's possible I suppose, but highly doubtful.
Permits for a three-well pad in the same general area as the sites for the two wells suggested in today's permits:
- 38289, conf, Whiting, LBJ 14-14HU, Sanish, SESW 14-153-91, 330 FSL 1730 FWL;
- 38290, conf, Whiting, LBJ 24-14H, Sanish, SESW 14-153-91, 330 FSL 1760 FWL;
- 38291, conf, Whiting, LBJ 24-14HU, Sanish, SESW 14-153-91, 330 FSL 1790 FWL;