Back to the Bakken
With the NDIC not updating the GIS map, the scout tickets, or the active rig list it becomes increasingly difficult to keep track of what's going on. Thank goodness for reports from the field from readers. Most recent update, from a reader:
About a mile west of the COP Bartlett wells and the Continental Jack wells, there's a Nabors B rig MIRU on what appears to be a single-well pad with three oil tanks and a production water tank. New construction pad. Just big enough for a rig. I'll try to get a picture next time I drive by. Interesting.
If you do get that close, take a picture of the "sign" at the entrance to the pad. I see two pads west of CLR Jack and COP (BR) Bartlett with at least one well confidential but the NDIC map is no longer current. Both of these pads are about the same distance from Jack / Bartlett, but about four miles west, not just a mile west. The CLR pad is to the north; COP (BR) pad is the same distance but to the south.
- Rimrock has a Nabors b rig in Dunn County.
- other operators have a Nabors b rig but not in Dunn County the last time we had NDIC information
- CLR is definitely operating in Dunn County
- I'm not aware that COP (BR) has started drilling again in the Bakken
Later, from another reader, see comments:
The rig west of Killdeer is B1 for Continental. If you go to the 8/4 daily report there was a single Jack well permitted. Not sure why it is a single well there.
Screenshot of map pending.
Back to Non-Bakken News and Comments
- natural gas prices surging around the world;
- Dutch TTF jumped as much as 12 percent to above $100 / MWh, a record high, after a drop in Russian supply;
- US Henry Hub just topped $6 / mmbtu for the first time since 2014
- JKM is above $30 / mmbtu, a seasonal high
- ISO NE: at $70 / MWh; spike to $80;
- natural gas and nuclear: 87%
- nothing else matters
- had to rely on expensive Canadian hydroelectricity
- former governor Cuomo: "Some folks thought I was nuts."
- new governor Kathy Hochul: "Here, hold my beer."
- Link here.
- In case the link breaks or the tweet disappears, a graphic is pending.
- the NFL is back ... and in a big way. Something Breitbart won't be reporting.
- Tony Awards? Not so much. America is so over Hollywood, Broadway.
- Apple increases price of Beats Flex headphones
- form $50 to $70;
- I had not seen these before; something to consider; great price at $70
- how 'bout them Cowboys;
- Philadelphia Eagles imploded; Stephen A. Smith will go nuts
- what happened to the Seahawks? LOL. The Vikings are back!
- and Tom Brady's Buccaneers -- are you kidding me?
- and, Mahomes and the Chiefs
- the season is getting interesting and it's only the third week
- Jackson, MS, this week?
- expect a lot of folks to be resting after the Ryder Cup