Monday, April 22, 2024

US Markets -- April 22, 2024

Locator: 47058INV.

 
At the close:


This tells me several things:
  • the US equity market is not "a bubble"
    • much of the market is undervalued
  • movers and shakers are "happy" with their expectation of what the Fed will do
    • current rate is acceptable, manageable 
    • higher for longer
    • it's still hard to believe that many think the Fed will begin cutting this year
  • "rotation" is complete
    • movers and shakers ready for the next move in the market
  • geopolitics are manageable
    • the Mideast is quiet
    • Ukraine has a new lease on life

Investment thesis holds.

Of note:

  • while RIVN. is actually up, TSLA is down another $5; down another 3.6%; speaks volumes about Tesla;
  • XOM and CVX both up despite WTI trending toward $82
  • NVDA, AMD up huge; INTC flat; SNOW up better than INTC; TSM up 2%;
  • SRE moving a bit; ENB, EPD up a big
  • SCCO: down 1% but it's had a great run; profit taking
  • AAPL: so far down, nowhere to go but up; up slightly;
  • DE up slightly; CAT up almost 2%
  • UNP up over 1%
  • F: soaring today; GM doing well;

Solar: for those Republicans that were upset that Biden is/was spending money on Ukraine and Israel for self defense but nothing on America, fear not. On Earth Day, Biden will announce $7 billion for rooftop solar. Link here. Lots of money to go around in an election year. This will help lock in California. As if there was any worry.

Reminder: I am inappropriately exuberant about the US economy and the US market, I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Apple.

See disclaimer. This is not an investment site.

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here. 

All my posts are done quickly: there will be content and typographical errors. If anything on any of my posts is important to you, go to the source. If/when I find typographical / content errors, I will correct them. 

Again, all my posts are done quickly. There will be typographical and content errors in all my posts. If any of my posts are important to you, go to the source.

Reminder: I am inappropriately exuberant about the US economy and the US market, I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Apple

**********************
Andrea Mitchell

I don't want network news and I don't watch network news shows -- one exception because my wife has the television on during my cocktail hour -- ABC Nightly News --- so I had no idea Andrea Mitchell is still on the air, over at NBC, but apparently a lot of folks knew that. Just not me.

Speaking of my cocktail hour and the nightly news -- I may have to move to the Bat Cave during cocktail hour. LOL.

Link here.

*****************************
Reply To Comment

For some reason, my reply won't post. I'll try later.

So that the reply is not lost, here is the reply I was trying to post to the comment:

Thank you. I've never been there. Looks very, very interesting, but the clientele would definitely be above my pay grade. Worse, I would be overwhelmed by the whiskey / whisky selection. Seriously.

But no, I would never let someone else pay for my drinks -- even on a bet. There have been exceptions but I've always felt funny about that for some reason.

On a very different note, but in a similar vein, I was going to give a TSA employee this morning a $20 Starbucks gift card, but she said it was illegal to "gift" a TSA employee.

4 comments:

  1. Speaking of cocktail hours... there is a distinct possibility that I lost a friendly wager with you. So... if you are in the area between June and September, I'd propose to settle up our wager at this "den of iniquity". Deal? 'Twas a fair wager and I'll own up to the fact you were right.... Never been there, but for this "sort of" auspicious occasion I'd strongly suggests some 'top shelf' stuff....
    https://mwlpdx.com/hall-pass/

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, but I'm having a hard time welshing on an honest wager. Compromise... Pick your favorite charity and I'll send them something, recognizing you, that salves my conscience and allows you to win by maintaining your moral perspective. Fair enough?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd sure hate to think that giving you an honest "tipple" to satisfy a wager could fall into the same category as all the shenanigans that go on in Washington, DC.
    Moral? Never wager when you can rig it!!
    And thus sayeth the Grouch~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt you / I would have anything to worry about ....

      Delete