- eight to go: Elliott ahead by a remarkable two seconds; we're starting to see the consistent NASCAR winners;
- six to go: Elliott remains in the lead; separation: 2.25 seconds
- four to go: everybody remembers the race just a week ago when a caution in the last few laps cost Elliott the race; separation: 2.29 seconds
- two to go: this has been a very, very long run without a caution; cars are spread out; if there's a caution it will most likely be due to single car mishap; separation: 2.91 seconds
- white flag: gap -- 2.7 seconds
- checkered flag: Chase Elliott -- well-deserved; longest stretch without a caution that I've seen in a long, long time. Great race.
Wuhan virus: now being called a "racial pandemic" by US House members. Why not? I wonder which city needs to go up in flames to get back at the virus?
Wuhan virus: We have all had the opportunity to adjust. For me, just one such opportunity, and yes, she is really cutting my hair -- these are not staged photos -- they were taken quickly by her old sister who was on her way to soccer --
I'm hoping to see some additional shots taken later by Sophia's mother.
By the way, and I'm not making this up, when I arrived for my haircut, Sophia told me I was early and to please take a seat and she would be with me shortly (no pun intended).
Summer reading, for Sophia: see this link. We have a good fit leveled reader (Bob's Books) but I had not heard of the Dolce sight word set before. Just now: ordered at Amazon. Will be here in a couple of days. Again, with cash back, no charge. What a great country.
Finally: TCM -- watching a delightful movie, Edward G Robinson directed by Fritz Lang. I won't be able to stay up late enough to finish it but it will show up again in rotation. Scarlet Street.