Periodic updates: at this page.
This page won't be updated.
AWS: despite all the reports to the contrary, the tea leaves suggest Amazon will spin off AWS. September 20, 2020.
US markets: trading 24/7. Could be done by independent brokers using their own holdings and those of their clients. Posted August 22, 2020. Robinhood, Schwab, others already sell equities "by the slice." That is not the NYSE selling.
- what investors want to hear next, September 1, 2020;
Amazon Logistics, link here.
Bucc-ees: link here.
Tectonic shift in way Americans shop, work, learn.
- staggering "first-time unemployment claims" -- March 26, 2020
Iraq: in a fight for its very survival.
- suggested by a reader, June 2, 2020: Amazon will buy FedEx;
- first company to reach $1.5 trillion market cap; Microsoft also at $1.5 trillion market cap (August, 2020 -- AAPL on its way to $2 trillion; already at $1.97 trillion)
- on its radar scope: streaming services company; content company;
- on its radar scope: new search engine; break ties with Google
- on its radar scope: huge wearable medical device company
- announced: will make its own chips
- announced: may make its own graphics card