Actions have consequences: Remember those folks protesting crude oil pipelines on the west coast of Canada? Yeah, those folks.
They're driving into the US to buy cheap gasoline. LOL.Sam Zell is buying distressed oil assets. Source.
Link here. Data points:
- prices at the pump in British Columbia have hit an all-time high
- a fifth of BC drivers are now driving into Washington State for "cheap" gasoline
- at some border crossings, two of five drivers have said they have visited the US solely to buy gasoline
- British Columbia Utilities Commission did the study; unable to explain the difference in price between US gasoline and BC gasoline -- LOL -- they said with a straight face
WTI: tonight, 8:10 p.m. CT, Decebmer 15, 2019 -- $59.85.
The wrecking crew:
The NY Times admits: when a GOP president resigns under threat of impeachment (Nixon), the system works. But when impeachment efforts against a GOP president fails -- and fails spectacularly -- the system does not work. By the way, it's interesting which articles The NY Times does not keep behind its pay wall. In other news, Senator Schumer is delusional if he things Mitch McConnell is going to let him (Schumer) run the trial. LOL.Streaming television. Link here: https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/hulu-live-tv-prices-rise.
- Hulu: will raise subscription costs from $44.99 to $54.99; ad-free versions, $60.99; most expensive live TV streaming service option currently on the market; second increase this year!
- YouTube: $49.99/month
- Sling TV: $25/month;
- ATT: $50/month
- Disney: $6.99/month or $69.99/year
- Netflix: $12.99/month; premium, $15.99/month
- Apple TV+: $5/month; $50, annual;
- other streaming platforms falling by the wayside
- Sony recently announced that it is ending their PlayStation Vue live TV service as of January 30, 2020;
We'll be reporting 2019 Q4 EV Sales beginning Thursday, January 2 and/or Friday, January 3, and continuing throughout the following week. However, it's important to note that there will still be some missing data since many automakers refuse to report EV sales. Nonetheless, stay tuned in the coming days as we'll be beginning to add automaker reported numbers to the chart for the last few months.
Note that BMW has decided for some time to no longer give model breakdowns or a final EV number, but rather a percentage decrease YoY, which has been huge in the last few months. But now, the automaker isn't even sharing its EV sales numbers/percentage at all. Still, i3 and i8 numbers will be official as reported by BMW.Mercedes: after disappointing sales by other European luxury brands, Mercedes will delay launching US EVs until 2021; previously planned to launch in 2020; sources.