I think newbies will get a kick out of this.
1. This was the first well I saw that needed updating:
I have no idea what this was all about, but my data base shows the original permit was held by Slawson but later acquired by EOG. I don't know the details.2. Then I came across a few Dakota-3 wells that were acquired from Zenergy in the very productive Van Hook field:
It was spud on 5/30/10. It's IP was 2,195.
It has produced 289,091 bbls of oil through June, 2011. That's about 290K in one year. At $50/bbl --> $14.5 million; and the well is still producing 12,000 bbls / month (that's $600,000 / month at $50/bbl). Remember, Bakken wells are expected to produce for 25 - 35 years. "Legacy" wells in North Dakota have been known to produce for 50 years.
18504, 2,195, EOG, Van Hook 7-23H, Van Hook, Bakken (previously a Slawson permit)
- 18735, 1,936, Dakota-3/Zenergy, Dakota-3 State of ND 10-3H
- 18737, 1,034, Dakota-3/Zenergy, Dakota-3 Mason 2-11H,
- 18754, 2,756, Dakota-3/Zenergy, Van Hook, Dakota-3 Olson 1-12H, 54K in 5 months
- Dakota-3 is a subsidiary of WMB, and as noted before, bought 7% of the mineral rights in the reservation
- 18749, 502, Slawson, Osprey Federal 1-26-35-30H, 75K in 8 months
- 18750, 439, Slawson, permit 24 Feb 10, Shad Rap Federal 1-2-3H, (1,546 - 24-hour flowback); 73K in 8 months
- 18924, 1,361, Slawson, Van Hook, Vixen Federal 1-19-30H, 60K in 4 months
- 19010, 847, Slawson, Van Hook, Armada Federal 1-14-13H, 95K in 6 months
- 18825, 951, EOG, Van Hook 8-36H, 200K in less than a year
- 18828, 1,066, EOG, Van Hook, Liberty LR 16-36H, 85K in 5 months
- 19018, 927, EOG, Van Hook, Van Hook 15-15H, 139K in 9 months
- 18656, 2,035, KOG, Moccasin Creek 13-34-28H, 144K in 10 months
- 18530, 2,686, Whiting, section 27, Jorgensen 12-27H; 233K in first first year
- 17612, 4,761, Whiting, Maki - 11-27H, section 27-- record IP ; 423K in first 14 months (at $50/bbl = $21 million in first year)
- 19512, 1,959, Whiting, Oja 14-27XH, Sanish, section 27, flowing, but off-line, pump being put on?
- 20358, almost complete, Whiting, Ray 12-27TFH, Sanish, section 27
- For newbies: remember, these wells are expected to produce oil for 25 - 35 years.