On September 10, 2020, I posted a note about a new EV company: Lucid. At the link, scroll to the bottom of the post.
Now, today, this from a reader: EV firm Lucid Motors in talks to go public via SPAC deal -- Bloomberg. Link here. Data points:
- could be valued up to $15 billion;
- the SPAC could be a merger with a blank-check firm backed by Michael Klein, a veteran Wall Street dealmaker;
- vehicle: Klein's Churchill Capital Corp IV
- Lucid says it has always been clear about its intent to go public;
- its first product: a luxury model the Lucid Air
- hopes to bring into production this spring, 2021
Comment: these SPACs make "Shark Tank" look trivial and amateurish.