Monday, January 11, 2021

The Sports Page -- Best Part Of The Day -- Stephen A -- January 11, 2021

First things first: pop quiz --

  • quick, name the country that has a region that has the highest volume of snowfall of any inhabited and arable region in the world -- correct answer: 100 points;
  • name the region of that country (spelling errors will be overlooked) -- correct answer: 1,000 points

Now back to Stephen A over at ESPN:

I guess there were some games played yesterday. Just checked the scores. What happened!!!?? Cleveland Browns beat the Pittsburgh Steelers? Say what? I can't wait to hear Stephen A talk about his favorite team. LOL.

I had to go back and look at the box score. 28 - 0 in the first quarter. Wow. This was the Cleveland Browns against the Steelers? Has there ever been a 28 - 0 score in the first quarter in the NFL playoffs. I assume so, but this is pretty amazing. 

It looks like Ben R stayed a year too long.  He will have the highest salary cap in 2021. And that comes in a year in which the NFL salary cap likely to drop. $41.3 million cap hit if on 2021 roster. Dak Prescott is looking better every day. LOL.

I thought the Washington team was in the playoffs but didn't see their name on the weekend scorecard. I may have missed them; maybe a name change I missed.

The rest of the games / scores interested me not. 

I don't care for Stephen A but like a train wreck I can't not watch. So I tune in for a few minutes, but will switch to its sister station. 

Ohio - Alabama tonight. Haven't decided whether I will any of it. Highly unlikely. May surf through it periodically.

*************************************
In Other News

China flu watch: all that talk about folks refusing to be vaccinated. Gaslighting? Fake news? Whatever?

Link here.

**********************************
Asia LNG Spikes

Link here.

**************************
Fossil Fuel Is Dead! Long Live Fossil Fuel

WTI today: $52.01. 

Link here.


And then look at this: carpooling and mass transit is dead in China due to calls for social distancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment