2022: going to be a huge year! My recommendation -- get positioned. Don't get left out; don't get left behind. It's gonna be one of the best years ever.
- the gap between the investor class and the non-investor class will widen;
Shepard Smith: I can't "stand" nightly news, and that's how I felt about Shepard Smith but it's turning out to be the best one hour of news each night. I think he made the right choice jumping from Fox News to CNBC. My biggest problem with Fox News is always pushing the wrong narrative.
- Going for Shepard Smith:
- a full hour of news; he's able to spend some time on a story;
- commercial interruptions seem tolerable; ratio of news to commercials a lot less than on network nightly news;
- on CNBC; follows Mad Money; a natural lead-in;
Henrietta Lacks: a feature story on Shepard Smith tonight; it's an old story -- at least ten years old.
I read the book. I know as much about the Henrietta Lacks story as I do about the Bakken. I don't agree with the Lacks family on this issue but that's fine. I don't have a dog in that fight and precedents set may be important for my grandchildren.
Vaccine: first ever malaria vaccine.
- 30% effective
- requires up to four doses
- protection fades after several months
- sound familiar, but it's a first step
- waiting for Bill Gates to comment
Covid-19: Los Angeles
- I love the new mandate
- woman denied kidney transplant after she refused Covid vaccine