Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Notes From All Over -- Part 4 -- The "Feel Good" Edition -- October 6, 2021

2022: going to be a huge year! My recommendation -- get positioned. Don't get left out; don't get left behind. It's gonna be one of the best years ever. 

  • the gap between the investor class and the non-investor class will widen; 

Shepard Smith: I can't "stand" nightly news, and that's how I felt about Shepard Smith but it's turning out to be the best one hour of news each night. I think he made the right choice jumping from Fox News to CNBC. My biggest problem with Fox News is always pushing the wrong narrative. 

  • Going for Shepard Smith:
    • a full hour of news; he's able to spend some time on a story;
    • commercial interruptions seem tolerable; ratio of news to commercials a lot less than on network nightly news;
    • on CNBC; follows Mad Money; a natural lead-in;

Henrietta Lacks: a feature story on Shepard Smith tonight; it's an old story -- at least ten years old. 

I read the book. I know as much about the Henrietta Lacks story as I do about the Bakken. I don't agree with the Lacks family on this issue but that's fine. I don't have a dog in that fight and precedents set may be important for my grandchildren.

Vaccine: first ever malaria vaccine.

  • 30% effective
  • requires up to four doses
  • protection fades after several months
  • sound familiar, but it's a first step
  • waiting for Bill Gates to comment

Covid-19: Los Angeles

  • I love the new mandate

No sympathy:

  • woman denied kidney transplant after she refused Covid vaccine

No comments:

Post a Comment