Dawson Bay Oil Field monster wells
Quite some time ago a reader sent me a note suggesting I take a look at the Dawson Bay pool wells in Dolphin oil field. It took me quite a while to finally get to those wells, but I am glad I did.
Here we have another group of wells in another "unknown" payzone in the Williston Basin. I used to say the Bakken never fails to amaze me. I should have said, the Williston Basin never fails to amaze me.
The Dolphin oil field is in the southeast corner of Divide County, north of Tioga, North Dakota, the "oil capital of North Dakota."
- 12017, 1,559, CLR, Bakken 1, Dawson Bay pool, Dolphin field, s9/86; t11/86; PNA; cum 351,424 bbls; 9/92
- 12071, 955, CLR, Bernice 1, Dawson Bay pool, Dolphin field, s12/86; t1/87; AL; cum 275,721 bbls; 1/12;
- 12085, 823, CLR, Rivers 1, Madison River pool, Dolphin field, s2/87; t5/89; AL; cum 582,676 bbls 1/12;
- 12086, 360, CLR, Osborne 1, Dawson Bay pool, Dolphin field, s2/87; t3/87; AL; cum 1,237,223 bbls; 1/12
- 12114, 250, CLR, WSP 21-30, Dawson Bay, Dolphin field, s7/87; t9/87; AL; cum 537,045 bbls 1/12;
- 12149, 463, CLR, Skor 1, Dawson Bay, Dolphin field, s7/87; t9/87; PNA; cum 270,992 bbls, 4/05;
Most interesting is to see CLR associated with these wells. CLR did not drill these Dawson Bay wells; they were drilled by another producer.