Thursday, March 8, 2012

Seven (7) New Permits -- Zavanna and the "Cats" -- The Williston Basin, North Dakota, USA

Daily activity report, March 8, 2012 --

Operators: Whiting (3), Zavanna, Marathon, Triangle, OXY USA

Fields: Stony Creek, Sand Creek, Deep Water Creek Bay, Rosebud, and Manning

Three wells were released from "tight hole" status today, one of which was not completed/fracked, but did include this one:
  • 20107, 1,060, Slawson, Sauger Federal 2-22H, Mountrail, Bakken,
Otherwise a pretty quiet report.

But a bit of trivia:

Way back on October 25, 2009, I posted a few wells that I put on my "watch" list. The very first group of wells I listed were the Zavanna wells in Stony Creek oil field. They were all named after "cats," and I learned a few "new" cats that I had not heard of before including the serval. I shared that list of cats with my granddaughter (age 6 at the time) and she loved it. She actually learned something about cats.

Anyway for the longest time, not much came from these wells; I think I subsequently blogged about them (I can't recall, and won't search now) but I pretty much quit thinking about Zavanna and cats.

And then today, I see this new permit:
  • 22553, LOC, Zavanna, Sabertooth 1-24H, Stony Creek, Bakken
How cool is that. I need to go back and see if there are other Zavanna "cats" that I missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment