Top story of the week:
- Joe Biden is still president.
- Brent back to $70 (okay, $69 and change).
Top international non-energy story:
Top international energy story:
- To explore or not explore.
- World "turning against" oil companies.
Top national non-energy story:
- PMI hits an all-time high?
- Covid-19 vaccination hesitancy continues to be a problem; and, here.
- Amazon acquires MGM catalogue.
- Fourteen percent increase in oil production month-over-month; and, here;
- Gasoline demand has a nice jump, but was it a one-off following the Colonial Pipeline shutdown?
- Cabot (Marcellus) and Cimarex (Permian) merge.
Top North Dakota non-energy story:
Top North Dakota energy story:
- Bakken production forecast to decline this summer.
- Quarterly lease sales reported.
- Record low number of wells coming off confidential list.
Geoff Simon's top North Dakota energy stories:
- Quick connects.
- Watford City airport work underway; runway expansion to be finished October 1, 2021
- $24 million project;
- replace the existing 4,400' foot runway with a new 5,800' runway
- Williston International Airport -- 7,510 feet x 150 ft
- Portland, OR (PDX): 11,000 feet x 150 ft
- DFW -- four runways
- longest (3): 13,400' long (required by former USAF pilots)
- shortest (1): 8,500' long (reserved for former US Navy pilots)
- EOG with six new Liberty LR permits.
- EOG with first permits in the Bakken this calendar year.
- Whiting to add three Maki wells in the prolific Sanish.
- Slawson with additional permits in Big Bend.
- Scout Energy's Lodgepole Dinsdale just went over four million bbls crude oil cumulative.
- NP Resources to drill in the Bicentennial oil field.
- NP Resources to drill in Beaver Creek oil field.
- CLR proposed up to sixteen wells on one 2560-acre unit.
- Petro-Hunt Charlson well with jump in production for the second time.
- Anticipating a halo effect southwest of Williston.
- Capline pipeline reversal; DAPL implications?
- Has the requirement for a "revised" DAPL EIS become moot?
- North Dakota PSC approves Bridger pipeline.
- Response to the DAPL decision.
- Expansions continue apace.