- Operators: Oasis (3), CLR (2), Fidelity
- Fields: Gros Ventre (Burke), Sanish (Mountrail), North Tobacco Garden (McKenzie), Stanley (Mountrail), Camp (McKenzie)
*******************Wow: CVX is on a tear! (This is a dynamic link; comment pertains only to data at 7:52 a.m. Pacific time, on a beautiful Thursday morning in southern California).
Has OXY USA figured out the Bakken? Looking good. [Update, August 10, 2012: a reader wrote in to say that OXY switched to a new fracking company in the past few months: Baker Hughes.]
EIA raises forecast for 2012 price of oil. That's this year.
Wow, RBN Energy keeps coming up with great informative articles. Today it's all about the crude oil to natural gas price ratio. Another great article.
Independent Stock Analysis links here. This website combines a ton of links AND just enough "headline" material that makes it easy to scan. Two interesting bits of trivia from ISA today:
- "In China, “Prices can only start to rebound when the hydro power season ends in around September. Since Chinese power plants usually start their winter restocking in around October, that could be a crucial turning point for coal.”
- Despite the US shale boom, why is world wide oil supply not going to go any higher?
“(Petrobras) said major increases in output were unlikely before 2015 despite $237 billion in planned spending. The 2012-2016 plan is the world’s largest corporate investment program.” Reuters
“Crude production from sanctions-hit Iran will fall by about 1 million b/d in 2012 to 2.6 million b/d by the end of the year” at Platts.
NOG, DBLE, and AXAS will be reporting 2Q12 earnings, Thursday.
- 19685, 875, Fidelity, Kostelecky 5-8H, Heart River, t5/12; cum 36K 6/12;
- 19759, 425, OXY USA/Anschutz, Joe V Semerad 1-12-1H-142-97, Willmen, t2/12; cum 25K 6/12;
- 20777, drl, BR, Renegade 34-10TFH, Sand Creek,
- 22055, drl, Hess, GO-Tong Trsut A-157-96-2932H-1, Ray,
Note For the Granddaughters
We had a great day boogie boarding at Bolsa Chica, just west of Huntington Beach, California.
Boogie boarding is to surfing what snorkeling is to scuba diving.
The older granddaughter was taught by a professional, "Flavio" last summer. The older granddaughter taught the younger granddaughter today. They boogie boarded for three straight hours. The surf condition was "poor-to-fair," making it perfect for boogie boarding neophytes. The water was 65 degrees F. Hopefully we get better pictures of them actually on the waves.
I might write more later, but they want me to play Uno with them. The younger one, who just turned 6 years old in early July, consistently beats me at Uno.
Uploaded later: our second visit to Bolsa Chica this week: