- the price of gasoline is going to keep rising
- the price of gasoline is already 25 cents/gallon more than it was last year
- American drivers could reach a "tipping point" on the price of gasoline this summer
- 16,000 miles / year
- 20 miles per gallon
- 800 gallons of gasoline / year
- x 25 cents / gallon = $200
- / 52 weeks = $3.85 / week more in gasoline
- a single Big Mac costs about $4.00
- minimum wage, $15/hour
- $4/$15 = 27% = 16 minutes (per week)
Confirmed: Tesla Suspended Production Of Its Model 3 For One Week
That's Good News -- Bloomberg
Reported by Bloomberg:
Tesla Inc. temporarily suspended production of the Model 3 electric sedan at its lone auto plant for a week in late February, a planned breather that ultimately may help increase output of the closely watched vehicle.
Model 3 production was idled from Feb. 20 to Feb. 24 before resuming at the company’s assembly plant in Fremont, California, Tesla confirmed Sunday. The automaker currently makes the Model S sedan, Model X sport utility vehicle and Model 3 at that site, and batteries at a plant known as the Gigafactory east of Reno, Nevada.
“Our Model 3 production plan includes periods of planned downtime in both Fremont and Gigafactory 1,” a Tesla spokesman said in an emailed statement. “These periods are used to improve automation and systematically address bottlenecks in order to increase production rates. This is not unusual and is in fact common in production ramps like this.”I assume shares of Tesla will surge on this news tomorrow.