Now, futures tomorrow are green. But futures will turn red overnight.
Earlier I posted (re-posting after Jim Cramer's note, LOL):
The market: best market ever for investors -- especially those in energy -- what's not to like? Let's count the reasons --Disclaimer: this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment, financial, job, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here.
- the Fed is spooked; Jerome Powell throws in the towel on rate increases [later, Jim Cramer agrees; says Jay Powell made a "rookie mistake." LOL.
- Trump is in control: the only thing holding back the market, now that the Fed has quit raising rates (maybe one more) are the tariffs on Chinese trade -- and Trump alone will decide when
- the market is clearly climbing the wall of worry
- huge upgrade for AAPL today; shares jump almost $4.00; movers and shakers took advantage of recent AAPL sale, I'm sure
- jobs: unemployment claims fall more than expected; first time unemployment claims drop 9,000; link here.
Dinner and then to Olivia's track meet:
Recommendation: if you don't have a grandchild, go over to "Adopt-A-Grandchild-By-The-Hour." Sophia and I are BFFs. We have so much fun together. But only two more years. By the time she is seven years old, she will have her own friends, and at best I will be her chauffeur and that's all. We work on it every night, and I think within the next three or four days, she will be able to type in my very complicated password to access the computer.
Meanwhile, at the border ... three hot meals and a cot ... or a bus station. You decide.