Thank you, Mr Biden, for killing the Keystone XL: US gasoline prices hit seven-year high. Link to Julianne Geiger. Too bad no ones wants to buy a GM Bolt without a $12,500 credit. Credit, not deduction.
Headlines: Seldom do I see two or three headlines at the same time over at oilprice.com that catch my eye. Tonight, six headlines. Think about these:
- Europe: Nord Stream 2 in limbo as Germany prepares to decide on key license;
- Mideast: Saudi Arabia on edge as the US withdraws from the Middle East;
- Russia: how much oil is Russia really pumping?
- Is oil really doomed? See below.
- Natural gas: prices can still double from here.
- Chipmaker and EV stocks are set to soar this year.
We'll come back to these later.
Here are the links:
- Nord Stream: link to Tsvetaan Paraskova.
- Doomed: link to Irina Slav.
- Russia: link to Tsvetana Paraskova.
- EVs: link to safehaven.com.
- Natural gas: link to Alex Kimani.
- Saudi Arabia: link to Cyril Widdershoven.
I'll be traveling the rest of this week. Blogging will be intermittent but lots of time for blogging.
The next six months will be quite interesting.
There are a lot of stories that hit the tabloids first but when they appear in the WSJ, it speaks volumes. Some examples:
- Shell in the GofM after Hurricane Ida; worse than first thought?
- Energy prices in Europe hit record after winds quit blowing. Link here.
- "Texas Freeze" resulted in sky-high prices for 24 - 72 hours; in Europe, this is much worse and it's going to on for months; imagine that.
- Covid-19 delta variant hitting young unvaccinated folks. Link here.
- SpaceX / Elon Musk: will send four civilians to space this week. Link here.
Wow, wow, wow. Did anyone else catch this? Fox acquires TMZ. Amazing. Link here. Spun off from AT&t's Warner Media.
Not reported anywhere: US Congressmen/women and their staffers exempt from Resident Biden's executive order on mandatory Covid-19 vaccinations.
Amazon launches its own TVs. Will cement itself in living rooms. Link here.
FAANG just gets bigger and bigger.