Monday, September 13, 2021

The Market -- September 13, 2021

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site.  Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here

Jim Cramer likes CVX, DVN, and PXD. OXY is too oil-focused at a time when natural gas is surging in demand and price.

I was curious about the following (numbers rounded):

  • DVN:
    • market cap: $20 billion
    • P/E: 56
    • dividend: 1.57%
    • comment: market cap and P/E certainly appear to be obstacles to being acquired
  • PXD:
    • market cap: $40 billion
    • P/E: 114
    • dividend: 2.11%
    • comment: I don't see PXD as a takeover candidate based on history of company; P/E; and, market cap;
  • APA:
    • market cap: $7 billion
    • P/E: 10
    • dividend: 0.54%
    • comment: I see APA as a takeover candidate

Intuit: will acquire Mailchimp for $12 billion.

Comment: I only saw the first fifteen minutes of Jim Cramer this evening. I did not like his lead-in. His theme this morning was carried over to tonight: September will be a tough month for investors; lots of volatility; likely to see a big pullback. Some air was taken out of that sail when the Dow finished up 260 points today. He suggested it was sector rotation; the NASDAQ was a bit -- but barely -- down for the day. Cramer said the only thing "working" right now was energy. All four major US equity indices, futures are in the green right now, 7:03 p.m. CT.

2 comments:

  1. Bruce
    I currently own tgp, kmi, and oke. All around 7%
    Happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent. I had forgotten all about TGP. Thank you for the reminder. This is not an investment site, and I'm not making recommendations, but I really, really like OKE. I also think KMI is an excellent choice for accumulation. This could be an exciting six months, especially if it's a cold winter.

      Delete