Friday, November 13, 2009

Investing: XTO

Yahoo!Finance: XTO.

September 21, 2012: With all the talk about XOM maybe buying into the Bakken after its deal with DNR (September, 2012): Flashback: XOM - XTO deal

  • XOM paid $41 billion
  • XOM bought XTO for the natural gas
  • the Bakken was simply serendipity
  • a 25 percent to CLR's current market cap: $22 billion
  • 1 million acres at $15,000/acre --> $15 billion

June 20, 2010: XOM shares to rise after XTO deal closes. June 20, 2010.

December 14, 2009: WOW! WOW! WOW! XOM to buy XTO at 25% premium.

The XTO web page is very, very east to navigate. Find their most recent presentations at their web page.

2 comments:

  1. I leased out minerals to xto then one day I got a agreement from continental so I went ahead and signed it and continental came drilled and piped it but I'm concern that I leased out to xto did I mess up the agreement with xto?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't follow mineral rights, leasing, etc.

      The folks over at the Bakken Shale Discussion Group would be a better place to ask:

      http://groups.google.com/group/bakken-shale-discussion

      Delete