Sunday, September 19, 2021

Notes From All Over -- Part 5 -- September 19, 2021

TCM: wow, wow, wow -- anything to avoid the NFL this afternoon, and TCM is airing Citizen Kane. Awesome. Enjoyed it again. Now, Doctor Zhivago. That's perhaps the only movie I can no longer watch. It is simply too painful for me to watch. There way too many "personal connections" with which I can connect, including the fact our older daughter spent a summer in Russia on her own during her college years. Watching the lead-in by TCM, I may have to re-read the novel. Oh, how cool is this? In between the movies, the five presenters answer the question, which one movie "lifts them up"? Ben Mankiewicz: Casablanca. I would have to agree.

Another week of swimming. Tuesday looks a bit cloudy ... but, other than that ..

Shortages? What shortages? Amazon is simply amazing. I arrived back home Friday night. My wife mentioned that some fluorescent lights in the kitchen had burned out and we needed to put in a work order to have the lights replaced. Instead, I ordered a six-pack of lights for $12 from Amazon. The lights arrived today, Sunday, less than 48 hours later. Lights replaced; wife happy. I hate "nickel and diming" our manager -- had we lived in our own house, it would have been the same -- it cost me $4. 

NFL: Dallas wins; Chiefs lose. “Every” analyst said the Baltimore Ravens would lose to the Kansas City Chiefs. On a separate note, NFL embraced gambling as soon as SCOTUS made it legal.

************************************
New Earrings

2 comments:

  1. 2021 season Name change to WHOfl.. don

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHO-FL. Pretty funny. I don't think anyone is paying attention to WHO, CDC, NIH, WH, etc. -- the stadiums are full. I think I read somewhere, folks need to show proof of vaccination to get into Dallas game, though I really don't know.

      Apparently the stadium they are playing in cost $5 billion to build. Build with taxpayer money and local school district money.

      Largest stadium in the NFL and can hold 100,000. Looks like its packed.

      Delete