Wednesday, August 25, 2021

EIA Weekly Petroleum Report -- Off The Net -- Going Swimming -- August 25, 2021

EIA weekly petroleum report, link here.

  • US crude oil inventories decreased by a modest 3.0 million bbls from the previous week
  • US crude oil inventories stand at 432.6 million bbls, 6% below the five-year average
  • US crude oil imports average 6.2 million bopd (yawn); down by 193,000 bbls per day; over the past four weeks, imports average about 6.3 million bpd, 8.8% more than same four-week period last year;
  • propane inventories increased by 2.0 million bbls and still remain 17% below the five-year average;
  • US refiners operated at92.4% of their operable capacity last week;
  • US jet fuel product supplied was up 45.4% compared with same four-year period last year

WTI: following the report, WTI was trading up 0.8%; up 54 cents; trading just above $68

DXY: trending slightly lower; now at 92.97

******************************
Gasoline Demand

Up slightly, week/week, month/month. 

Link here.

**********************
Market

NASDAQ sets new intra-day high moments after opening.

*********************************
The Book Page

A Skeleton Key to Finnegans Wake: Unlocking James Joyce's Masterwork, Joseph Campbell and Henry Morton Robinson, c. 1944, 1961, and 2005. This is probably the gold standard. I try to re-read this book or least most (some?) of it every three to five years. I don't think I've re-read this book in five years. A reader reminded me it was time. LOL.

L.E.L.: The Lost Life and Scandalous Death of Letitia Elizabeth Landon, the Celebrated "Female Byron", Lucasta Miller (who also wrote The Bronté Myth), c. 2019.

We recently moved from a small hovel in Grapevine, TX, to a smaller hovel in Euless, TX -- about three minutes apart by bicycle. We love our new apartment, about the size of Algore's walk-in shoe closet. Over the years I've amassed one of the best private libraries ever in the history of mankind but due to moving into smaller and smaller abodes, I've been forced to a) dispose of many of my books; and, b) severely limiting new purchases. 

[Speaking of which, I don't think I've bought a new book in years. I get them "free" from Amazon Prime -- cashback from using the credit card.]

Last school year I gave our granddaughter's high school English teacher three boxes of very, very good books. That granddaughter is now in college.

I estimate I have twenty-seven shelves (each shelf three feet wide or long), but only four shelves in this apartment, so 90% of my books are still in storage. I am adding more shelf space to our garage and will add one new Stickley bookshelf to the apartment, taking advantage of the Labor Day summer sale. 

So, now that we are finally settled, and getting some of our books out of storage, I now have something to read again. Oh, happy days. 

So, off to the swimming pool to read. I won't actually go swimming for another two hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment