Later, 1:23 p.m. Central Time: not easily found, it took a Drudge Report link to find the story.
Link here: jobless claims lowest in 50 years .. Initial claims for state unemployment benefits fell 8,000 to a seasonally adjusted 196,000 for the week ended April 6, the lowest level since early October 1969. Claims have now declined for four straight weeks.
... below 200,000 ... lowest since October 4, 1969. Link her to 10-year graphic, this is absolutely amazing ...
Original PostJobless claims: link here --
- prior: 204K
- forecast: 211K
- actual: 196K
- change: down 8,000
Disclaimer: this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment, financial, job, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you have read here .
First, accomplishments of the 115th US Congress at 99 days:
And we move on. Early morning trading:
- WTI: recovers a bit; back to $64
- Dow: up 61 points and my entire watchlist is red -- led by TSLA
- TSLA: down 3%; down over $9; trading at $267
- nothing else of interest; both NOG and JAG are down, as expected
- Boeing recovering nicely; up a percent today -- I assume that's why the Dow is up 61 points and everything else is red;
A New Day, A New Way
--- to quote Maxine Waters
Yup, time for Sophia to strike out on her own. She has her house key.
The walk home from TutorTime is only about 1.5 miles. The first half mile has a lot of car traffic and a busy intersection but after that a country road through dairy farm. She will enjoy talking to the calves.
She has an iPhone so during inclement weather she can always Uber.