Monday, December 8, 2014: a reader suggests CLR will be increasing the number of wells in this area.
Because not all folks see the comments, I am posting it here as a stand-alone post:
I'll be paying attention to the activity related to case 18670.Staggering? Yes.
[From the dockets: 18670, CLR, Oakdale-Bakken, 18 wells on each existing 1280-acre unit; Dunn.]
In addition to the two 1280s referenced here, there is also a 2560-acre unit which has the Hawkinson-Whitman Eco Pad producing. The Whitman middle Bakken well is sort of a non-factor at this point as I think it is an un-fraced open lateral about 2,000 feet long. CLR quit drilling this lateral as they almost lost control of it.
The Whitman TF is the best of the pad with a July production of 36,883 bbls with a cumulative in 11 months of 465,116 bbls. July total for the four wells is 61,646 with an 11-month cumulative of the 4 wells at 854,298.
So if they add 17 wells to each 1280 (one already exists on each 1280) plus the 4 wells from the 2560 they would have a total of 40 wells on these 4 sections. Four wells in each of 5 zones? If all drilled from the same section line that would be 40 pump jacks in 4,280 feet with the 500 foot setbacks on each end. Busy place. No longer a tranquil spot for a cabin in the hardwood covered rolling hills.
The eco pad is on the verge of producing 900,000 barrels in one year from 4 wells. It will be interesting to see what another 34 wells would do on these 4 sections.
Maybe they will be able to put submersible pumps on all the wells, connect all of them directly to a pipeline, and minimize impact above ground. Something tells me we will see this play out over the decade.
Here are a few of the wells in the immediate area in the Oakdale oil field:
- 17061, 664, CLR/BR, Whitman 11-34H, 34-147-96, Oakdale, AL, t6/10; cum 362K 10/14;
- 17079, 559, CLR/BR, Carson Peak 44-2H, 2-146-96, Oakdale, AL, t6/08; cum 255K 10/14;
- 17334, 811, CLR, Morris 1-23H, 23-147-96, Oakdale, AL, t11/08; cum 220K 10/14;
- 18275, 1,004, CLR, Hawkinson 1-22H, 22-147-96, Oakdale, F, t2/10; cum 634K 10/14;
- 18858, 715, CLR, Morris 3-26H, 26-147-96, Oakdale, AL, t5/11; cum 348K 10/14;
- 18859, 680, CLR, Carson Peak 3-35H, 26-147-96, Oakdale, AL, t5/11; cum 484K 10/14;
- 18860, 517, CLR, Morris 2-26H, 26-147-96, Oakdale, AL, t5/11; cum 213K 10/14;
- 18861, 759, CLR, Carson Peak 2-35H, 26-147-96, Oakdale, AL, t5/11; cum 511K 10/14;
- 20208, 960, CLR, Hawkinson 2-27H, 34-147-96, Oakdale, F, t9/11; cum 367K 10/14;
- 20210, 803, CLR, Whitman 2-34H, 34-147-96, Oakdale, F, t9/11; cum 1,153K 10/14;
- 20211, 263, CLR, Hawkinson 3-27H, 34-147-96, Oakdale, AL, t9/11; cum 334K 10/14;
- 20212, 482, CLR, Whitman 3-34H, 34-147-96, Oakdale, F, t9/11; cum 98K 10/14; (see comment above)