Monday, June 15, 2015

Random Update On Whiting's Tarpon Federal Wells -- June 15, 2015

Updates

Later, 7:05 p.m. CT: shortly after posting this note, a reader sent a photograph of the Tarpon Federal pad in 20-153-96, taken back on October 10, 2014:

Tarpon Federal, 20-153-96, October 10, 2014

Original Note

Note: in long posts like this, there will be factual and typographical errors. Do not use this as a source. It is for my use only as a way to keep track of the Bakken. You are free to do with it what you want but don't quote me on it or use it as a reference. If this is important to you, go to the source.

For newbies, Whiting's Tarpon wells in Sand Creek have been incredibly nice wells. I have written about them in many posts, but this is where I guess I track them, with IPs and updated production numbers. At least that's where the "family link" takes me.

It's possible I have a graphic of the Tarpon wells somewhere but I didn't quickly find a graphic, so perhaps it's time.

It was initially (and probably still is) confusing to me because Whiting has two areas with Tarpon Federal wells.

Broad overview: Whiting's first Tarpon Federal wells were in the Twin Valley oil field. Subsequently, Tarpon Federal wells were drilled in Sand Creek oil field and that's where most of them currently are:




_______________________________________________________________________


Whiting's Tarpon Federal wells in Twin Valley:




_______________________________________________________________________


Whiting's Tarpon Federal wells in Sand Creek:




That adds up to fourteen (14) Whiting Tarpon Federal wells which agrees with the NDIC GIS map on this date.

No comments:

Post a Comment