I no longer follow these wells.
July 2, 2016: this well (#16656, Hazel 44X-22) has had some jumps in production, especially a 4-fold jump in 8/12 without explanation. There are wells in the area on SI/NC list but the timing doesn't seem right. Check #16656 in a few months; t10/07; cum 339K 3/19; offline in early 2019; something going on?
August 3, 2016: just noted this well went off-line 5/16:
- 16991, 1,383,
EOG, Wayzetta 9-03H, Parshall
field; short lateral, s4/08; producing 5,000 bbls 1/13; inactive since
5/13; back on status 7/13; no production since 11/13; back on status as
of 6/14; t7/08; cum 813K 5/16; only 4 days in 5/16; 0 days in 6/16; back on status as of 7/16 and producing about 900 bbls/month; cum 829K 3/19; down to only 300 bbls/month, 3/19;
July 13, 2016: see if they post the frack data for the re-frack on well #20336. Fracked in May, 2016; data now available; a nice well.
July 13, 2016: post the frack data on these three MRO wells when they become available:
- 31057, 3,490, MRO, Chamaine USA 14-35TFH, Antelope, Sanish, 45 stages, 12 million lbs, t6/16; cum 408K 10/18;
- 31058, 3,661, MRO, Clarks Creek USA 14-35H, Antelope, Sanish, 45 stages, 18 million lbs, t5/16; cum 353K 10/18;
- 31061, 2,942, MRO, Juanita USA 13-35H, Antelope, Sanish, 40 stages, 12 million lbs, t7/16; cum 398K 10/18;
March 1, 2016: shown as "A" this was was "PNA" the same day it was tested (IP). Check in a few months to see if PNC; interim update:
- 31044, 797, XTO, Homer 14X-32AXD, Grinnell, 4 sections, stimulated 12/19/15; 40 stages, 7 million lbs, t1/16; cum 254K 3/19; a nice well; still producing 3,000 bbls/month, 3/19;
- 30637, 96 (no typo), WPX, Juniper 15-22HE, Van Hook, 4 sections, 40 stages, 7.75 million lbs, t11/15; cum 275K 3/19; wow, talk about a nice "steady Eddy"; still producing 5,000 bbls/month, 3/19;
- 18630, 358, WPX/ Zenergy, Brunsell 16-9H, Van Hook, t6/10; cum 185K 3/19; very sporadic production; off-line almost all of 2015; ten days in 11/15; back on-line full-time as of 2/16; struggling, 3/19;
- 18628, 4,357, Equinor/Statoil/BEXP, Jack Cvancara 19-19 1H, Alger, t5/10; cum 480K 3/19; only 7 days in 11/15; back on-line as of 12/15;
- 11409, dry, DNR, Cedar Hills 21-22, Cedar Hills, Bowman County, wildcat, the file report shows that is it on confidential status but prior to being placed on conf, the file report showed that it had been drilled to the Red River formation in 1985;
November 4, 2015: check on this well to see production profile; used a huge amount of frack fluid; check frack data to see how much proppant was used; #29443:
- 29443, 1,442, WPX, Olive Mae 7-8-9HW, t10/15; cum 307K 3/19; said to be on Active Status but has reported no production; application for Three Forks B1, but changed to middle Bakken according to a sundry form received February 26, 2016; but stimulation sundry form says Three Forks; 1920-acre spacing; API: 33-061-03307-00-00. FracFocus says this well was fracked 9/13 - 28/15, but there has been zero bbls of production; it was on line for two days back in February, 2015; looks like maybe as much as 14 million lbs of sand (no ceramic); huge, huge amount of fluid: 13,445,058 gallons of water (320,000 bbls @ 42 gal/bbl); almost 12% of total HF was sand. (Disclaimer: I often make simple arithmetic errors. If this information is important to you, go to the source.) Frack report: stimulated 9/13/15; Three Forks, 68 stages, 15 million lbs. This well has been updated as of March 26, 2016; it can be followed here. Nice well; still producing over 5,000 bbls/month, 3/19;
September 26, 2015: why was this well off-line so many months, recently?
- 19981, 1,003, Zavanna, Gust 2-11 1H, Long Creek/Wildcat, Bakken; not sure why this was a wildcat; in Long Creek, east of Williston, t3/12; cum 497K 3/19; still having problems, 8/15; updates here; back on status as of 5/16; doing well but it would be nice to see better production; a really nice well; now back up to 2,500 bbls/month, 3/19;
July 26, 2015: this well taken off line 5/15; not sure why?
- 25462, 1,155, EN-Leo 154-94-2324H-1, 34 stages, 2.3 million lbs sand, t11/13; cum 205K 3/19; (sited in same quadrant as the Freda wells); taken off line 5/15; back on-line 7/15;
December 15, 2015: did the Three Forks ever get any better on the Kennedy-Miles pad? Yes, as of 10/15; the production from these four wells surged. But then all four wells taken off-line for the entire month of January, 2016. Perhaps a pump being put on. Still off-line as of 3/16; all back on line as of 5/16 with some incredible production numbers.
October 22, 2015: follow-up on why this well went inactive, July, 2015: #21733. This well is now (6/16) back on status; need to update it; does show bump in production. Updated September 11, 2016. Turned out to be a good well; CLR's Polk 1-33H, t3/14; cum 300K 9/19;
August 28, 2015: 20541, TA/IAW/IA/60 (no typo), EOG, Wayzetta 114-0311H, Parshall, Three Forks, 1920 acres, 51 stages; 16 million lbs, t6/14; cum 7K 11/14; choked way back; went inactive 4/15; back on-line for one day in August, 2015; this well was shut in due to ESP failure; EOG asks permission to plug and reclaim, saying that low commodity prices make it uneconomical to go back and "fix" it.
April 4, 2015: note the pool notation for February, 2015. 26335, PA/18, MRO, Powell 31-27TH, Wildcat, no production data, the second Tyler well "everyone" is waiting for; t8/14; cum 502 bbls 2/15; cum 613 bbls 3/15; as of 6/15 it is PNA -- that's it. Closing this one out.
July 9, 2015:
- 29859, 15, Slawson, Howitzer Federal 5 SLTFH, Big Bend, 4 sections, 9 stages, 300K, t3/15; cum 176K 9/19; finally starting producing up to expected in 5/16;
January 6, 2016: Taken off-line 11/15 --
- 19296, 2,388, SHD, Golden 22-31H, Deep Water Creek Bay, TF Bench 1, 62 stages, 15 million lbs, t3/15; cum 329K 3/16; off-line all of 12/15 (incorrect -- never off-line); t3/15; cum 750K 9/19;
March 29, 2016: check on possible halo effect on #16804, but one will have to wait until the BL-Davidson wells are fracked; it could be up to two years from now. Update, July 13, 2016: the wells have been fracked; not much halo effect; see this post.
February 14, 2015: halo effect of fracking; frack data updated for #28407 at this site; then look at production profile of #19857 at the same post. Look at huge jump in production (#19857) November, 2014. This area was updated April 10, 2016 (at the link) when it was noted several Three Forks were drilled in this area.
August 19, 2014, waiting for frack data to see where this horizontal ended up:
- 27209, dry, Petro-Hunt, USA 153-95-4B-9-2HR, Charlson, Three Forks B2, sections 4, 5, 8, 9 - 153-95; TVD, 9,978; TD, 19,839; 2560-acre spacing; azimuth 214 degrees; orig app permit name: USA 153-95-4B-9-1HS, February 14, 2014: request rec'd to change well to be under spacing order #22895, 1280-acre spacing; so I believe the "R" is a revised request/permit to change from 2560-acre spacing to 1280-acre spacing; same date, request rec'd to change name to "2HR" -- same target; it looks like TD was reached at a measured depth (MD) of 8,767 feet on March 18, 2014; in limestone; depths, prognosis: Lodgepole - 9,061; Bakken Shale - 9,767; Middle Bakken - 9,791; Target Horizon - 9,814; geology report said this was a Middle Bakken well; frack data not yet posted; [Updates: 7/15 -- still on DRL status;] API 33-053-05540.
- This is a complicated well; from the geologic summary: the initial phase of this well was to be an intersection well intended to intersect the USA 153-95-4B-9-2H (#26446 -- DRY, cease drilling, February 14, 2014; circulation was lost at 8,540 feet an the well was abandoned) vertical in order to cement and plug the well beneath the surface where it packed off. Then a sidetrack out of the cement to drill a vertical and curve, landing thirty feet into the middle Bakken formation. This well spudded February 19, 2014, and reached a TD of 8,768 feet MD on March 18, 2014.
- The well was abandoned and plans are to skid the rig and intersect the wellbore and pug it shut, then sidetrack and re-drill the well.
- it's possible, #27918 was the replacement: t12/14; cum 448K 9/19; huge well; this well is on track to hit 500,000 bbls by early 2021;
Well file #17077; when will they start drilling more wells in this section? October 24, 2013; it's too bad this discussion group was shut down; they are doing a lot of drilling in Alkali Creek, but no other drilling in this section where 17077 is sited -- May 10, 2014. [A great example of why it was too bad that Teegue took his site down; lots of good historical information.] Still no new drilling in this section -- 5/8-154-94 -- as of October 24, 2014. [Update, January 16, 2016: I noted that there are four wells in this area -- these are 4-section spacing -- section 4/5/8/9 - 154-94:
In addition there are four more wells on/near the same pad, all still confidential:
- 27680, 1,110, Hess, EN-Pederson-LW-154-94-0408H-1, Alkali Creek, t12/14; cum 217K 9/19;
- 27681, 892, Hess, EN-Pederson-LW-154-94-0408H-2, Alkali Creek, t1/15; cum 163K 9/19;
- 27682, 1,183, Hess, EN-Pederson-LW-154-94-0408H-3, Alkali Creek, t1/15; cum 198K 9/19;
- 27683, 762, Hess, EN-Pederson-LW-154-94-0408H-4, Alkali Creek, t1/15; cum 159K 9/19;
- 32029, 1,258, Hess, EN-Pederson-LW-154-94-0408H-5, Alkali Creek, 4-section spacing; sections 4,5,8, and 9; t1/16; Three Forks, 50 stages, 3.5 million lbs; cum 246K 9/19; API: 33-061-03842;
- 32030, 917, Hess, EN-Pederson-LW-154-94-0408H-6, Alkali Creek, 4-section spacing; sections 4,5,8, and 9, a middle Bakken well; 35 stages, 2.5 million lbs; t2/16; cum 138K 9/19;
- 32031, 1,275, Hess, EN-Pederson-LW-154-94-0408H-7, Alkali Creek, 4-section spacing; sections 4,5,8, and 9, Three Forks, 50 stages, 3.5 million lbs; t2/16; cum 269K 9/19; still producing nicely, 3,000 bbls/month, 9/19;
- 32032, 486, Hess, EN-Pederson-LW-154-94-0408H-8, Alkali Creek, 4-section spacing; sections 4,5,8, and 9; t11/16; cum 93K 9/19;
I will track these wells here.May 22, 2016:
- 26647, 636, EOG, Burke 45-3130H, Stanley, Bakken NOS, 2 sections; 32 stages; 9.8 million lbs; t4/14; cum 201K 9/19;
This well has an interesting scout ticket. This is a short lateral; the horizontal was 6,450 feet of which 6,450 feet was drilled in the middle Bakken (100%). Note: the spacing was 1280-acres (two sections) but the horizontal was a short lateral. The file report did not shed light on why there are two "lines" for production for the Bakken. The production profile shows two lines of "Bakken" production for April and May 2014, but then after that, just one line of "Bakken" production for each month. There was only one lateral. [Review of the production profile, I don't see two lines of "Bakken" any more -- may have been an error which is now corrected. -- September 19, 2015.]
May 22, 2016: three Newfield wells taken off line; good wells; see update here, May 22, 2016;
May 22, 2016: noted this great EOG well went inactive in late 2014; back on status 12/14; it turned out to be a small "stuffing box leak"; repaired and back on line.
- 16532, TA/1,285, EOG, N&D 1-05H, Parshall, open hole/perforated frack with 2 million lbs sand, t7/07; cum 472K 9/17;
December 4, 2014: noted that this great well has been inactive since 2/14 without any explanation; nothing going on in this section:
- 18251, PA/1,389, EOG, Van Hook 100-15H, 20K in first two months, TFS; open hole frack with 2.6 million lbs; t11/09; cum 403K 4/14; remains IA 4/15; now AB, 9/15;
- 17287, 1,137, EOG, Austin 22-31H, Parshall, single section, t10/08; cum 911K 9/19; is this another Amber Renee -- taking a great well off-line for no apparent reason? On-line for only 3 days in 11/15; 2 days in 10/15; 1 day in 9/15; etc. Good news: a full 30 days in December, 2015; and a full 31 days in January, 2016; and, a full 29 days in February, 2016, though monthly production is falling fast. Followed as a monster well.
- February 10, 2015: a big well; inactive as of June, 2014; no nearby wells being completed;
19283, IA/1,524, BR, Sunline 11-1MB-3SH, Clear Creek, t5/11; cum 226K 6/19; back on status as of January, 2015; comes back at a modest 5K/month; [September 19, 2015 -- looking at NG flared, it's very possible these wells are being choked back because of flaring penalties.] Flaring is now way down. Flaring at "0" 10/15; small amount of flaring, 11/15; no flaring in 12/15 or 1/16; off line 6/19; remains off line 9/19;
- this well should be back on-line; #24667; check new production data when available, probably 9/15. Later: yes this well is back on line, but production was pretty lousy first month back, 8/15: turned out to be a great well, 3/19;
- 24667, 1,173, EOG, Van Hook 19-2523H, Parshall, t7/13, cum 574K 10/18; only one day production in July, 2015; since then, full up; 50 stages, 10 million lbs; another great well, 3/19;