Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Closing The Loop On That Well That Was "Certainly Fracked" -- November 4, 2015

Remember that well that I said must "certainly be fracked" and yet there was no frack data at the NDIC site?

A reader was kind enough to do the work I should have done. My bad. I'm sorry.

It is so incredibly easy.

Click on FracFocus. It is also linked at "Data Links."

Click on "find a well."

Enter the API number.

When I did this, I get to this link, which I've embedded.

Then click on the PDF and that's all there is to it. The results:
  • it was fracked
  • start date: 6/2/15
  • end date: 6/6/15
  • all sand, no ceramics
The reader says about 3.5 million lbs of sand was used. The site does not say how many frack stages were used, but assuming about 100,000 lbs/stage, one gets 35 stages which is in line with which one would expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment