Production has topped 10 million several times already, including each of the last three weeks: http://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=WGFRPUS2&f=W.
That's what's left the big glut in PADD 1; other regions aren't so bad, & supplies in PADD 5 are almost below normal.
Note: the breakdown of product inventories by PADD can be found in the Weekly Petroleum Status Report: http://www.eia.gov/petroleum/supply/weekly/pdf/wpsrall.pdf.
Gasoline is table 5 on page 11, followed by graphs on Figure 2.Visualizing US shale oil production: shaleprofile.com.
Oil field jargon.
Top 100 oil fields in the US, March, 2015.
FracFocus. Water gallons to pounds conversion, on-line. Or here.
North Dakota state budget.
Current national radar.
ZoomRadar; storm chasers.
Inflation calculator link.
Best comparison-shopping links.
Williston airport relocation page.
PAA weekly price for Bakken crude oil.
Spot Crude Oil Price.
Historical price of WTI.
Understanding BOE, Motley Fool: how to convert "mcf" natural gas to barrels of equivalent oil (boe).
Bakken Resource Information: sort, search wells on the confidential list. The site appears to be back up but I couldn't access the list of wells on confidential status; everything else seemed to be there -- June 8, 2015.
Nationwide Projects Database
Snapshot of Bakken Operators
Airlines in/out of the Basin
Twitter: best energy hashtags (John Kemp's recommendations)
Gasoline Demand (scroll to bottom at the link)
Refiner and blender adjusted net production of finished motor gasoline (bottom of the link)
Gasoline Demand (full table)
US Gasoline Production (full table, graph)
Weekly Petroleum Report
BLS unemployment statistics.
Emergent Group: weekly insight reports.
- Bakken rig location
- Bakken oil company map
- Fracking sand sources, locations -- USGS
- FracFocus -- Federal Registry
- Heat Map -- February, 2015
- Areas within the Bakken -- December, 2014
- Status of Building Permits: 2014. 2013. 2012. 2011. 2010. 2009.
- Williston Building Permits (BidClerk) (see this post for background to this link)
- Williston Building Permits (direct to Williston)
- Western North Dakota road construction projects
- Bakken Classifieds (not my site; no endorsement; simply a link)
- ND Workforce Intelligence Network
- US Army Corps of Engineers
- North American pipelines: A Barrel Full
- Natural gas plants in North Dakota
- Home Page
- NDIC Town Hall Meetings
- Semi-Annual Newsletters
- Monthly Production Report Index -- fully searchable
- Where is the Three Forks; undated, probably 2010 or thereabouts
- Active Rigs
- Daily Activity Report
- ND Oil & Gas Tax Structure
- Monthly production figures: operator, field, formation (PDF)
- Processing shales in FCC; properties of raw Bakken crude -- September 1, 2013
- Crude oil characteristics, EIA -- June 26, 2013
- United States Mars field: off-shore, Gulf of Mexico, 130 miles SE of New Orleans -- 2010?
- Federal land, by state, affected by new fracking rules, March 24, 2015
- This analyst, December 2, 2013, says only one well has been drilled on Federal land within the state of North Dakota.
- Federal permitting action in North Dakota
- Nomac Drilling
- US Drilling Rig Report
- Baker Hughes
- SST Energy. SST rig locations.
- GeoActivity Maps
- Rig locations in Canada
- BHI international rig count
- North Dakota Pipelines (North Dakota Pipeline Authority: state website, outstanding source)
- Pipeline Infrastructure, December 2010
- North Dakota Pipeline Assets, 2008
- US-Canadian Crude Oil Pipeline System
- US Pipeline Matrix
- Crude-By-Rail Terminals, NDIC, February, 2011
- Crude-By-Rail Terminals, unofficial, MDW
- Trinity Rail -- great photos
- WTI-Brent spread
- Futures out to 2024
- CME Group:
- Bloomberg: Bakken (no longer provided by Bloomberg, see below)
- CNBC: Futures
- CNBC: Commodities
- Bloomberg Futures: Oil
- ND Spot Price: ND Oil
- Clearbrook, MN (Bloomberg)(no longer provided by Bloomberg) (see below)
- Brent oil: Real Time
- Western Canadian Select (WCS -- includes Canadian heavy oil from oil sands, I believe)
- Scranton Equity: Grain, Cattle
- Bloomberg's Market Leaders
- EIA: Weekly Petroleum Status Report
- EIA: Crude Oil Production
- EIA: Days Supply
- EIA: Long term projections -- 2010 presentation and outlook
- EIA: US crude oil exports
- EIA: Oil imports into the US
- EIA: Oil imports into the US from Saudi Arabia
- Non-EAI: Saudi Arabia production
- EIA: global oil production, year-over-year, 2007 - 2012 data
- EIA: electricity production by source
- EIA: cost of electricity by state
- EIA: 2040 projection, energy production, use, and CO2 (a pdf)
- EIA: new well production by rig, by region
- EIA: natural gas fill rate
- EIA: inflation-adjusted gasoline prices
- EIA: WTI spot cash
- EIA: crack spreads
- CO2Now: atmospheric CO2 (monthly)
- EIA: semiannual Working and Net Available Shell Storage Capacity Report
- EIA: monthly electric generator inventory. New in 2015.
- EIA: US energy mapping system.
- Spot Crude including Bakken
- Spot Crude Oil Price (Plains All American -- best site as of December, 2013)
- Futures -- a great site
- SemCrude; no longer includes North Dakota sour or sweet;
- SemCrude Price and Commentary
- CME Options, WTI
- Bloomberg Clearbrook, MN -- no longer provided by Bloomberg (September 18, 2012)
- Bloomberg Clearbrook, MN, chart for Bakken; as of April 9, 2013, Bloomberg removed this from its free site; this is the second Bakken-related pricing that Bloomberg has removed from its free site since linked to the MDW;
- Bloomberg WTI, Cushing (if you combine the previous link with this link, you can get Bakken price at Clearbrook, MN)
- Murphy Oil Prices; no longer active
- Louisiana Sweet Crude (light)
- Historical: inflation adjusted
- Historical: Brent
- Real time futures
- WTI spot cash
- Spearfish oil: I was told by e-mail that Spearfish oil delivered to Edmonton is priced as Edmonton Par Light; I do not know if that is accurate;
- California pricing: Chevron Crude Oil Marketing
- Price Map
- Best gasoline prices (gas buddy)
- Click here to locate an E85 pump
- First Fuel Banks Prices (St Cloud, Minnesota)
- State taxes (may change over time; this is a PDF downloaded 2012)
- Percent Income Spent on Gasoline (by state)
- Gasoline retail sales (monthly/annual) EIA
- Gasoline demand (scroll to bottom of the page at the link)
- Gasoline futures, historical, chart
- Real cost of filling up, global prices for gasoline
- The Bakken Boom Began With Vertical Wells in Elm Coulee (Montana)
- Seeking Alpha, 2008; in retrospect, a nice historical look
- Incredible, obscure report, dated September, 2008: a must!
- ND Oil Industry Began in A Wheat Field
- Rockin' the Bakken's Version
- American Oil and Gas Journal: Emerging Shale Plays, January, 2011; a must!
- Is the Bakken Fantasy? Rigzone, March 29, 2011 - a must!
- North Dakota Sand for Fracking
Acreage by Operator
- State's DNRC activity letters
- Weekly roundup [this link may break; if broken, try googling "Great Falls Tribune oil roundup]
- Montana Petroleum Report; new blog started June, 2012
- Oil and Gas Home Page
- Montana Dockets
- Montana Activity Reports
- Montana Permits
- State oil and gas website -- production
- State oil and gas website -- map (like NDIC)
- State oil and gas permits -- permits
- Stratigraphic formations
- State auctions
- Bureau of Land Management
- US Energy Information Agency: EIA
- USGS Fact Sheet, April, 2008, the Bakken
- US shale maps
- EIA Maps -- updated April, 2015
- EIA: US energy mapping system.
- US natural gas and crude oil storage districts, updated November 16, 2015
- GeoActivity Maps -- Canada
- GIS map server for Canada
- UND-EERC Interactive Map
- Cumulative Production of All Bakken Wells
- Cumulative Production by Formation, 2009 and 2010
- Interactive Map of All North Dakota Oil and Gas Wells
- Magic maps: map any rig, any well -- no longer working (as of ~ March, 2012)
- NOG map
- ND DOT highway projects in the Bakken - excellent
- Interactive Map of Williston, North Dakota -- password required
- Relocation Map for the US, IRS
- Search section, township at Earth Point
- All 2010 Bakken Producers (RMOJ)
- All 2009 Bakken Producers (RMOJ)
- Bakken Acreage by Driller
- CNG stations, worldwide, and prices -- BEST
- CNG - LNG Filling Station Locator
- Market Capitalization of Selected Bakken Companies
- Stratigraphic View of the Formations
- Williston airport relocation page
- Map of North Dakota Counties (Favorite)
- Map of North Dakota: Counties
- Map of North Dakota: Counties, by unemployment, January, 2015
- North Dakota Townships
- Minnesota-Wisconsin Frack Sand Map
- National Pipeline Mapping, by State and by County
- US Power Grid: excellent interactive link
- US Census: 2010
- Road Conditions: 48 Contiguous States
- Hydrology (flooding): 48 Contiguous States
- Median income, college graduation statistics by zip code
- Map of Workers Moving In, Folks Moving Out: IRS
- Labor Force Statistics
- Spearfish / Bakken wells north of the border (Canadian)
- Lake Mead: sea level
- Panama Canal ships, daily transit
- ArcGIS map application
- United Van Lines Movers Study, 2016: 40th Annual Study
- All 50-State Oil and Gas Related Websites: Railroad Commission of Texas
- UND-EERC Bakken Decision Support System
- Petroleum Geology; How To Read a Scout Ticket; and Much, Much More
- North Dakota Petroleum Council
- Ryder Scott: Oil Consultants
- API: Williston Chapter
- Williams County News
- Natural gas -- everything you ever wanted to know
- Williston, North Dakota
- Minot, North Dakota
- Bismarck, North Dakota
- Dickinson, North Dakota (oil)
- Billings, Montana
- Oil and Gas Journal
- Los Angeles Times
- Los Angeles Times Business Section
- Oil and Gas Financial Journal
- New York Times Business Section
- Mac Keyboard Symbol Shortcuts
- Aesop On-Line
- Drudge Report
- PointLogic Energy trends
- Recommended readings in energy: John Kemp's list
- Aerial photos: Robb Siverson; linked early 2012
- Aerial photos: Vern Whitten photography; linked April, 2021
- Aerial photos; appears not to have been updated since 2010
- Ground photography: Renae Mitchell, linked in late 2012
- How to Use Google Earth to Find your Well (incredibly easy method)
- How to Use Google Earth to Find Your Well (alternate method)
- Earth Point : overlay Google Earth on township and range
- Aerial Views of North Dakota: State Water Commission
- At the NDIC GIS Map Server, turn on NAIP 2009 Imagery
- North Dakota Road Map, Cameras, Advisories
- Weather: Stanley radar - live/active
- Weather: national -- lots of fun
- Weather; storm center: http://zoomradar.com/
- North Dakota flaring from space
- Energy Conversion Calculators
- BOE conversion
- Rigzone Oil and Gas Conversion Calculator
- Oil industry conversions
- Wind Chill Chart
- CO2 Conversion Calculators
- Database of the "gazillions" in tax incentives, by state
- Cost to produce; comments are particularly helpful
- Why wind won't work
- True cost of wind, July, 2015
- American Wind Energy Association
- American Wind Energy
- Wind Farms in the US: an interactive map
- Economic Impact of Minnesota's Renewable Energy Mandate, April 11, 2011, White Paper, a PDF file
- Energy costs of wind turbines
- Garrison Dam water release
- Little Missouri river flow
- Fracking Insider
- Minnesota-Wisconsin Frack Sand Map
- National Frac Fluid Registry Database
- How to find fracking information at the NDIC site
- How a sucker rod pump works (those "horse head" pumps, or "donkey pumps")
- Earnings Transcripts
- Job openings by salary, Bloomberg
- The Empire Builder, discussion group
- Oil Field Music
- Return on investment, natural gas, go to slide 17 of this pdf
- Power outage maps for all 50 states and some countries outside the US
- Keystone XL Study, Final Report, December 23, 2010
- Bismarck Tribune, searchable, 1873 - 1922. Library of Congress’ Chronicling America website: http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov.
- Signing leases, not signing leases, working interests, forced pooling
- A discussion of 2560-acre spacing (as it stands, March, 2013)
- Introduction to petroleum refining
- Federal Farm Bill, 2012
- Car prices, classics
- Crime statistics
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, Time Series
- Dead Bodies
- The St Louis Fed
- lots of ads at this site, but apparently Doug Short has insights on GDP twice monthly
- Weekly Treasury redemptions, Table III-A: https://www.fms.treas.gov/fmsweb/viewDTSFiles?dir=w&fname=16092300.txt. To get any week, you must put the date in the form of "YYMMDD00.txt" as the last 12 characters of that URL. The date must be a Friday. There is at least a lag time of one week.
By the numbers, removed January 11, 2015
Quick-pick news, removed January 11, 2015
Global warming, January 11, 2015
- EV sales
- City forum
- Snow Pack
- You Know You Live In Alaska, When ...
- Weekly global climate updates from SEPP. Weekly newsletter here.
- LIBOR: the most important number in the world.
- Flight tracker
- Flight tracker (perhaps the best site)