Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Random Update Of Producing Wells -- March 17, 2015

Some of the wells show unusual production patterns in December, 2014, - January, 2015, time-frame. Many (most? all?) of Statoil's Pyramid wells showed unusual production (almost none) in August, 2014.  Nothing remarkable in the big scheme of things.

Burlington Resources Bryce wells have been updated. One Bryce remains off-line:
  • 18177, IA/1,844, BR, Bryce 31-5H, t10/09; cum 255K 11/13; minimal production since 9/13; very minor amounts as recently as 3/14; nothing in the filed report to provide any explanation
CLR's Atlanta wells have been updated.

WPX's Alfred Old Dog wells have been updated.

CLR's Hawkinson wells have been updated.

Statoil's Pyramid wells have been updated.

BR's Teton / Kings Canyon wells have been updated (nothing new; all remain confidential).

Zorro wells, QEP, in Grail oil field have been updated.

***************************************
A Note to the Granddaughters

I finally finished Alison Weir's Eleanor of Aquitaine, an excellent biography. I told May earlier today that awhile back I had grown tired of Alison Weir -- she seemed to have a cottage industry with British history, British kings and queens, back in the day. But I have to admit, she is very, very good. I did not realize how good she was until reading Eleanor of Aquitaine at the same time reading Dan Jones' new book, The Wars of The Roses. His style is completely different; at this point I do not care for him, but now that I have completed Weir's Eleanor, I can go back, start over with The War of the Roses and see if it grows on me.

However, I am now starting the book I've been looking forward to for some time, Duveen: A Life in Art, by Meryle Secrest, c. 2004. It was his art collection that Norton Simon bought in toto for his Pasadena museum. Ever since visiting the Norton Simon museum last summer, I've been eagerly looking forward to reading this book. Hardcover, $35; no longer sold by Amazon except through a third-party dealer, for about $5.00 and shipping and handling. Quite incredible.

The story begins with Duveen's father in the back streets of Hull, in Yorkshire. I spent a fair amount of time in Yorkshire in my last years in the Air Force, and know Hull well. It's an industrial town now and not particularly noteworthy, I suppose, for the typical American tourist. Interestingly enough, putting together my grandfather's history, it is very likely my paternal grandfather, when he emigrated from Norway to America came through Hull. He would have taken the boat from Trondheim to Hull on the east coast of England; then a train across England, to catch a boat from Liverpool to Ellis Island. It is known that my Norwegian grandfather received "free" passage from Liverpool to America in exchange for taking care of the horses that were on board ship, in one of the lower decks.

No comments:

Post a Comment