October 11, 2014: current screenshot -
- 26154, conf, WPX, Alfred Old Dog 19-18HD,
- 26153, conf, WPX, Alfred Old Dog 19-18HZ,
- 26152, conf, WPX, Alfred Old Dog 30-31HD, producing, 18K first full month;
- 26151, 1,146, WPX, Alfred Old Dog 30-31HZ, t6/14; cum 38K 8/14;
- 26149, 990, WPX, Alfred Old Dog 30-31HC, t7/14; cum 43K 8/14;
- 26148, 556, WPX, Alfred Old Dog 30-31 HY, t6/14; cum 18K 8/14;
- 26147, 1,681, WPX, Alfred Old Dog 19-18HC, t4/14; cum 106K 8/14;
- 26146, 1,223, WPX, Alfred Old Dog 19-18HY, 25 stages; 3.2 million lbs sand, t4/14; cum 102K 8/14;
- 26145, conf, WPX, Alfred Old Dog 19-18HB, producing, 100K in 5 months;
Yesterday, the NDIC reported twenty-three (23) new oil and gas permits. Nine of those were permits for WPX on one pad in Reunion Bay, the Alfred Old Dog wells.
The permits are sequential, inclusive, from #26145 through #26154, with the exception of #26150 which is a non-WPX permit.
A hand-drawn diagram helps me visualize how these wells will look. These nine wells will be sited on one pad in the northeast quadrant of the northwest quadrant of section 30-150-93 (I just noticed an error on my diagram noting the township, but I may/may not fix it). Yesterday, the sites were not noted on the NDIC GIS map server but within the last couple of hours they have been placed on the map. My hand-drawn map is pretty close to what the NDIC has. I used data from the permit information as provided by the NDIC; it looks like on the GIS map server the wells will be sited pretty much on a line; if so, my map is a bit off. More importantly, I was correlating direction of the well with their siting and their legal designation (HC, HY, HZ, for example).
I assume they will target the middle Bakken and the upper Three Forks (remember the good old days, when there was just the "Three Forks." Now it's the "upper" three Forks, and the "lower" Three Forks.
They will all be long laterals. Five will run north, and four will run south. Each well will sited about 50 feet from its neighbor which is typical, so far, of Bakken pad drilling.
Two other wells in the same spacing unit are instructive:
- 19603, 332, WPX, Mandaree 30-31H, t5/11; middle Bakken, cum 291K 6/13; pump, 4/12;
- 20035, 339, WPX, Maggie Old Dog 19-19HW, upper Three Forks; t4/12; cum 197K 6/13; 22 stages; 3 million lbs; trip gas nearly 10,000 units; 5' to 20' flares; pump 4/13;