Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Eagle Ford South of San Antonio, Texas -- Another Bakken Story

I grew up in Williston, the center of the Bakken oil boom.

I now live in San Antonio, just on the northern edge of another "Bakken boom," the Eagle Ford.

And that's why I enjoy posting; I can relate to these areas.

Link here on the Eagle Ford boom.

No data points because it sounds just like the North Dakota Bakken.

In another story, Koch Pipeline Company, LP. will lay another pipeline from the Eagle Ford (Pettus, Texas) to Corpus Christi. Something tells me the refineries around Corpus are gonna be hopping.

3 comments:

  1. hi! do you know if cirque has sold all there holdings upthere in the bakken, I kow they sold some of there stuff in the north up by canada and have seen any action out them since,,I would like to find out if they sold there leases holdings also and if they did who aquired them, but dont know how to research this action,can you help,,,thx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cirque Resources, LP, is the only "Cirque" listed as having ever been in the Bakken.

    It's a private company, so probably difficult to get information, but it's my hunch OXY USA bought all of Cirque acreage in North Dakota

    1. http://milliondollarway.blogspot.com/2011/02/dimond-field-update-bakken-north-dakota.html

    2. OXY USA is a huge company and unlikely to get involved with "bits and pieces" of a small company

    3. Cirque used to have 2 rigs in North Dakota; today there are no Cirque rigs on the active drilling rig list

    4. There are no Cirque wells on the NDIC confidential well list

    5. I have not seen Cirque on the NDIC hearing docket in several months

    That's all I know. My hunch is that Cirque used cash to move to the Niobrara in D-J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well i remeber the oxy buyout ,,,seen it on the dockets,,was just trying to find out who is holding my lease,, tried calling them, with no luck,then also cirque has 5 permits cancelled,, up in that area, and I think your right , they left town//lol

    ReplyDelete